Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2005 10:36:08 PM EDT
Belt Fed 1911 (and some other stuff)
I saw this in a guy's sig line over on The High Road, and thought you guys would get a kick out of it.  I honestly don't know how seriously to take it, but it seems a fun idea.  The other stuff is pretty neat, too)
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:08:24 PM EDT
[#1]
judging by the way the last one looks, i'm gonna have to call BS on the whole thing.....
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:02:31 AM EDT
[#2]

where do the links go when the gun fires? hmmm?

That goes for all three of them.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 1:06:05 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

where do the links go when the gun fires? hmmm?

That goes for all three of them.

Hell, for that matter, how is the next round fed?  How in the hell is the AR going to eject the spent casing?  BS
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:44:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Seamus McPhisticuffs

What!  Turn my headphones up! What! Turn them shits up!

Digital
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:20:42 AM EDT
[#5]
LOL, well, I guess that's what I get for posting at 2:30 in the morning.  The critical thinking skills were definitely not up to snuff.  Oh well [shrug].
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:24:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:01:02 PM EDT
[#7]
I'll say its BS also, but on the AR the shell and the link could drop out the mag well. Just a thought.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:46:06 PM EDT
[#8]
That's a nice photoshop job.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:19:00 PM EDT
[#9]
It aint even a photoshop job.  They just took some belted rounds and stuck them in the weapon.  Just by looking at the 1911 you can tell it wouldn't work as there is no place for it to expel the links after stripping a round.  All they did was take the links from a 7.62 belt and link up some .45 ACP ammo.  You can even see the rim guide of the link sticking out in front of the round.

In the case of the AR and the bolt gun, they did the same thing.  Just took a belt and stuffed it into an oriface of the gun.  If you look close the linked rounds are too large to even fit.  And if you look closer the bolt is set to eject out the same port the rounds are being fed in from (the ejection port) which might create a slight problem with feeding and ejection.

There were experiments with belt fed ARs, but they took considerable modification and didn't work all that well and IIRC used a proprietary link to boot.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 2:31:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Ok enough of this nonsense.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top