Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2005 5:05:41 PM EDT
I was at Cabela's in Dallas this weekend, looking at the gun counter naturally.  The store apparently was giving away free hats if you signed up for a store credit card.  Well, I applied (not thinking I would get approved immeadiately) and got my free hat.  They told me to come back to the card counter 10 mins later.  So I headed on over yonder to the gun section, looking through the case like a kid in the candy store.  I came back to the credit card counter, and low and behold I was approved for $1000 worth of credit.  That did it.  I headed straight back to the gun counter and ended up gettin a Kimber TLE/II stainless.  I had to have it, she was calling to me from inside the case.  The gun they had that I really wanted however, was an Ed Brown Kobra Carry for $2300+.  My friend that was w/ me, being the lucky dude he is, was approved for $2500 worth of credit.  Needless to say I am jealous.  But I love my new Kimber.  I am sure I will be regretting the credit card bill that comes to my door in a month or so, but what the hell, I had to have it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:07:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Well grats on the new purchase and just a little friendly advice.  Pay that Credit Card off as fast as you can.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 3:01:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Good buy!  
I just hope you didn't pay $1000.00 for it.
Needless to say Kimber is good, and the TLE should suit you fine!

Congrats!
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:00:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Sweet gun. I love mine.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:56:54 AM EDT
[#4]
hell yea i love the gun...and yea i did end up using all my credit on it... im dreading the bill now...but she was definetly worth it
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 3:53:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Soooo..............You're saying you paid $1000 for a TLE?  Or was that the gun, some ammo, cleaning supplies, yada,yada?

Guess it dosent matter, as long as you're HAPPY!!!!

Right?

Good gun though!!

Travis
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:28:31 PM EDT
[#6]
TLE II is a very good choice. I'm sure you will be happy with it
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 2:46:43 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Soooo..............You're saying you paid $1000 for a TLE?  Or was that the gun, some ammo, cleaning supplies, yada,yada?

Guess it dosent matter, as long as you're HAPPY!!!!

Right?

Good gun though!!

Travis

it was $969.99 + tax of like 80 bucks.......tell me i didnt get ripped
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:47:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Well now you got me thinking.....I need to call my guy to check, but I thought he had a NIB blue model for less than 800.00.  I cant imagine the stainless being that much more?  I will check.  But like I said, you got a good pistol, and if you're happy, thats all that matters!!!

Happy shooting!

Travis
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:30:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Lazer you are the man! The thing is for the same price you could get on with a rail!
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:56:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:01:50 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Lazer you are the man! The thing is for the same price you could get on with a rail!

well thanks for lettin me know good buddy, way to help a fellow Ag out...i called ur ass before i bought it, asking about the PARA's, cause i was gonan get one of them---at least i got a kimber, now i can be part of that special club..the kimber klub

now i feel like a moron...i might jsut use it for the first time to shoot myself in the head

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:03:50 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Well now you got me thinking.....I need to call my guy to check, but I thought he had a NIB blue model for less than 800.00.  I cant imagine the stainless being that much more?  I will check.  But like I said, you got a good pistol, and if you're happy, thats all that matters!!!

Happy shooting!

Travis

yea i like it alot...but man im feeling burned now, like a one nite stand w/o a condom feeling the itch the next day
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:41:04 PM EDT
[#13]
If it makes you feel any better, Ed Browns are overpriced just like Wilsons. (and yes I know that this is a matter of opinion) But you will never go wrong with a Kimber.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 4:01:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 4:08:03 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

well thanks for lettin me know good buddy, way to help a fellow Ag out...i called ur ass before i bought it, asking about the PARA's, cause i was gonan get one of them---at least i got a kimber, now i can be part of that special club..the kimber klub

now i feel like a moron...i might jsut use it for the first time to shoot myself in the head

Lazer don't be silly! You are feeling a little 'buyers remorse' and being duped by these Monday Morning Quarterbacks!

If you posted that you got it for free, some nimrod would post that he could have done better!

Take it out and shoot it. You will come home with some dirty fingers and a big grin!

Enjoy your Kimber, I would.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:44:44 AM EDT
[#16]
i took tha baby out and shot it yesterday...wow..i am speechless by the performance it was throwing down range..i will be buried w this pistol
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:42:42 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
i took tha baby out and shot it yesterday...wow..i am speechless by the performance it was throwing down range..i will be buried w this pistol

Holy shit, that's funny  

Happy for you Lazer.

My Colt 70 series is inbound, and reading your post has me twitching for mine!
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:04:18 PM EDT
[#18]
i dont think i would carry around anything but a 1911 after shooting the kimber...colts are real nice too...this has me itching to upgrade to a les baer soon  
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:07:26 PM EDT
[#19]
lazer, this thread is useless without pics
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top