Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2005 8:58:53 AM EDT
I need a new .45 semi.  I would like to get the most gun for my money.  This mean that I would sacrifice the price of a custom to get similar results for the price of a production model. ( the balance between the two, if possible )  I like the HK USP Tactical series and the Kimber .45 Match models.  I would like a  5" barrel and as much capacity and accuracy as possible for my hard earned $$$.    Please advise.

AC_Doctor
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 9:01:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I am selling a Kimber CDP II for $730. Great custom cary 45. Look for my add.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 10:20:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Check out STI, their single stack models can be found for 900-1100 and your getting a nice semi-custom.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 11:00:23 AM EDT
[#3]
i have a kimber custom TLE/RL II which i bought for approx. $900. i have close to 3000 rounds through it, and it has yet to malfunction in any way,shape,or form,clean or disgustingly dirty (i did that to see how it would run,not because i don't clean it). it is very accurate,at least for my skills, and comes with a good many nice features which i won't list.kimber does have its own website,after all. i bought an hk usp .45 tactical a while back,and it mostly sits by itself because the kimber shoots so much better for me,personally. that's just my suggestion,though.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 12:16:21 PM EDT
[#4]
How much do you have to spend?
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 12:29:28 PM EDT
[#5]
$1000-$1250 for the pistol and another $750 for accessories and some good practice and defensive ammo.  I have been really drawn to the HK .45 USP Tactical w/ olive drab frame and (2) 12 round mags for around $1000.  This is/maybe my 2005 X-MAS present to myself !!!

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 2:51:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Kimber Warrior or if you don't need a railed 1911 search Gunbroker.com and Auctionarms.com for the Kimber 25th Anniversary Custom. It can be had for about $750 and is probably the best 1911 at that price break. You can also get a SA mil-spec for around $400 and "play" with it for awhile then have it customized. A great many "name" smiths are using it as their base gun for custom builds.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 3:19:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Hi DocGun!

Thanks for the info.  I really think having a light rail is a must.  Do you know of anything else Kimber w/ a rail in or near that price range?  What about the Kimber TLE/RL II?  Do you think the HK Tactical would be a good choice?

AC
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 3:29:00 PM EDT
[#8]
I have more than several 1911s and the only railed one I have is the Warrior. I think you'll be very happy with one. Now that it's been out for awhile the prices have come down a little. Shop around locally and check Gunbroker.com and Auctionarms.com Also in the handgun forum check out the Kimber section. There are quite a few posts on the Warrior including a range report.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:13:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 10:41:23 PM EDT
[#10]
A second hand Les Baer or a new Yost Bonitz 1* Enhanced.

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 11:20:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Hello AC_Doctor,

Funny but when you started your thread you mentioned how you like the HK Tactical, then you stated that again two more times in your next two replies.  It seems you want that gun anyway.  Are you just waiting for someone to tell you to get that particular pistol?  This is a 1911 discussion forum!  You either love the 1911 or you don't.  May I suggest  this if you want any more info on the HK?  
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 1:42:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Have you every shot or at least held a USP? I thought they were the greatest things since sliced bread until I held one at a gun show. It did not fit my hand at all, and it felt like I was holding a brick. If I had bought one before handling it, I would have been very unhappy with it. On the other hand, I was never interested in 1911s until I shot one. I shoot my Kimber TLE/RL II better than any other handgun. That is what's most important to me. Try them both out, but I can tell you that a Kimber TLE/RL II is an excellent gun for the money, and I wouldn't trade mine for anything.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 1:46:25 PM EDT
[#13]
I've got a Taurus Millenium PT145 Pro SS - loe it.  no stoppages, great size, acurate, simple to clean, Taurus as a company has NEVER let me down.  With trijicons and a couple of mags, I've put about 400$ into it.

Also have a TLE/RL II pro SS.  Sweet as all hell.  A little bigger than the taurus, but benchresting that sucker provides VERY satisfyihng reqults!  Also enjoy shooting my Springfield loaded, but only after I put my new sites on (novak bar/dot ghost ring).

I didn't like 45 revolvers, but that has more to do with barrel length and the double action pull.  They can be had cheaply from taurus though.

I'm about to pick up a Wilson KZ.  Can't wait.  It was either that or the CZ97B, but I always wanted to own a wilson!

If you're willing to spend over 1K, you can pick up a VERY nive 1911, or go polymer.  the 24/7 probably didn't win all those awards for nothing.....
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:43:45 PM EDT
[#14]
The HK USP Tactical is a very solid gun. However, I prefer a good 1911 over the Tactical, although not by much. Many people find the USP's to be to bulky. I don't have a problem with it, but the 1911's seem like they were made for my hands. I also like the balance of the 1911 better too. The USP is pretty top heavy, but still very manageable.

I say go shoot the 1911 and the USP Tactical. There's quite a difference in manners, and you will only be able to tell which one you prefer by shooting them.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:44:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks for all the help guys.  I narrowed it down to a USP Tactical and the Kimber Warrior.  I went to the local gunshop and played with a USP and a Warrior.  I ended up ordering a USP Tactical.  The trigger set up is a little hard to get used to,  but it felt more comfortable in my hands.  BTW I ordered a HK USP Tactical .45 w/ the olive drab frame.  

AC_Doctor
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:21:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:55:27 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Thanks for all the help guys.  I narrowed it down to a USP Tactical and the Kimber Warrior.  I went to the local gunshop and played with a USP and a Warrior.  I ended up ordering a USP Tactical.  The trigger set up is a little hard to get used to,  but it felt more comfortable in my hands.  BTW I ordered a HK USP Tactical .45 w/ the olive drab frame.  

AC_Doctor

sounds like you made the right choice.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 2:08:26 PM EDT
[#18]
They always forget the Sig....

A Sig GSR, in nitron if you must be all tactical.  Rail, no MIM parts, accurate as all hell.  Some of the early ones had issues, now they are 100%.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 2:17:23 PM EDT
[#19]
xxx xxxx..  oppss, wrong forum.  hehehehe

heheheheheheesgb
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 5:51:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top