Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/11/2005 12:29:55 PM EDT
I have narrowed my next 1911 purchase to either a Springfield TRP Operator or a Kimber Warrior.  I can get the pistols for about the same price and can't decide which.  Any opinions or experiences with either pistol would be great.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 1:11:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 2:56:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Edit- I would say Warrior even though I hate it's grip safety. I hate the SA TRP Operators full length light rail/dust cover even worse.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 3:36:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I considered that "Operator" but settled on the MC Operator for the shorter rail.  What would you need that full length rail for anyway?  And I also had to choose between a Springfield and a Kimber.  In the end, the Lifetime Warranty on the Springfield won me over.  Here is the thread if it'll help you decide: Kimber vs Springfield
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:17:30 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I considered that "Operator" but settled on the MC Operator for the shorter rail.  What would you need that full length rail for anyway?  And I also had to choose between a Springfield and a Kimber.  In the end, the Lifetime Warranty on the Springfield won me over.  Here is the thread if it'll help you decide: Kimber vs Springfield

I shot both the MC Operator and TRP Operator side-by-side and the TRP has far less muzzle flip than the MC because of the extended dust cover.  Also the adjustable sights, mag funnel and bull barrel on the TRP are a nice touch.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:26:23 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Edit- I would say Warrior even though I hate it's grip safety. I hate the SA TRP Operators full length light rail/dust cover even worse.

I guess there is something for everyone.  I LOVE the full length receiver.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 11:20:57 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I shot both the MC Operator and TRP Operator side-by-side and the TRP has far less muzzle flip than the MC because of the extended dust cover.  Also the adjustable sights, mag funnel and bull barrel on the TRP are a nice touch.

I own a TRP Operator and its my favorite pistol bar none.  It has almost no flip to it, the standard grips are excellent, the front strap checkering could stop a tank and it will print touching holes at 25' on a good day.  The fit and finish are sig quality and the action is smoother than Sinatra in a cathouse.  

It is by no means for girly men with soft hands.  It is a function over form weapon who's niche is in the hands of a tactical operator as the name and the dustrail engraving implies.  

If you're going to be in the DC area anytime soon let me know and I'll let you shoot mine.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 5:31:15 PM EDT
[#7]
So some of you guys are saying you need all that length on the front rail to control muzzle flip?  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top