Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2005 11:45:15 AM EDT
I'm new to 1911s and I found a Springfield Armory 1911 for sale locally.  5 inch barrel and parkerized finish.  It was made about 15 years ago and I was just wondering if there are any quality issues I should be aware of during that time period with Springfield Armory.

Thanks again for any help,
CD
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 4:32:36 AM EDT
[#1]
I tried out several SA 1911s I purchsed new from 1989-1992 time frame. My experience, and the general opinion on the street was: You either got a good one or a bad one. I got two bad ones so that was my last experience with SA. The ones Ive examined lately have seemed to be much better and I understand their 1911s are of much more uniform quality these days. Back then they imported forgings from Brazil and did the finally machining/assembling in the US. I dont know if they still do this or not.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top