Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/2/2005 2:01:22 PM EDT
Man I am stoked.  Just got my new VM2 for my operator.  These things are sweet here are some pics w/ the nighthawk and its skin also.

Can you tell I'm a proud pappa??
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:21:59 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Man I am stoked.  Just got my new VM2 for my operator.  These things are sweet here are some pics w/ the nighthawk and its skin also.
img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/paigecm/P1030395.jpg
img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/paigecm/P1030403.jpg
img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/paigecm/P1030400.jpg
Can you tell I'm a proud pappa??

They look Great! Operator is on the "Want List".

But heres a question how to you disassemble the operator? I have a loaded springfield that came with the guide rod. I have no idea how to take the gun apart.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:23:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Well the first time I did it I had it all f'd up.  Until I understood how to do it.  The only thing different is the 2 piece guide rod.  All you do is take an allen wrench and unscrew the front part of the rod.  Then remove it.  Then the rest is like a std. 1911 w/ a bushing.  You put it back together the same way as a 1911 then re-install the front part of the guide rod and you are done.  Make sense?  
This is the first holster for the operator.  I bought it used.  The guy took it to the range shot 200 rounds from it and put it up.  Then sold it DIRTY.  Never bothered to clean it.  Oh well it cleaned right up.  Now I can't wait to get that holster worn and used look on it.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:56:04 PM EDT
[#3]
mmm yeah.....
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:08:13 AM EDT
[#4]
My operator has a 1 piece guide rod.  Talk about a bitch to take a part.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:41:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Yep, 1911s with full length guide rods are a bitch to field strip.  I use a bushing wrench.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:42:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Damn!

Nice pics!!!  
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:12:03 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Well the first time I did it I had it all f'd up.  Until I understood how to do it.  The only thing different is the 2 piece guide rod.  All you do is take an allen wrench and unscrew the front part of the rod.  Then remove it.  Then the rest is like a std. 1911 w/ a bushing.  You put it back together the same way as a 1911 then re-install the front part of the guide rod and you are done.  Make sense?  
This is the first holster for the operator.  I bought it used.  The guy took it to the range shot 200 rounds from it and put it up.  Then sold it DIRTY.  Never bothered to clean it.  Oh well it cleaned right up.  Now I can't wait to get that holster worn and used look on it.

OK I'm gonna give it a try. Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 1:33:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Man its really not that hard.  Like I said the only extra step is that you take the the piece of guide rod out first.  After that use a bushing wrench and the rest is typical 1911.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 2:15:10 PM EDT
[#9]
My only experience with a two piece guide rod wasn't good. It kept shooting loose(real loose) after just a few rounds.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 2:19:36 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Man its really not that hard.  Like I said the only extra step is that you take the the piece of guide rod out first.  After that use a bushing wrench and the rest is typical 1911.

Yup.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 3:31:13 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Yep, 1911s with full length guide rods are a bitch to field strip.  I use a bushing wrench.

What happens if you cant use a wrench?  You have to use a paperclip or a punch to take it apart.

Big pic
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 4:05:15 PM EDT
[#12]
In that case it's just like a Kimber.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top