Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2005 11:07:37 AM EDT
Ok, so here's my Kimber...

I've ordered a stainless Smith and Alexander MSH and magwell, and I want to put some black grips on it that cover the MSH pin.  This is a range gun, and doesn't have to be tactical.  I'd like something "tacky" but not abrasive, and I'd like something that will hold up over time (I shoot at least once a week, probably 200 - 300 rounds per session), this Kimber is going to stay with me for a long time.

I've narrowed it down to two choices of black grips:
- Aluma Grips (with their smooth corner pattern and normal checkering)
- VZ grips, 320 Black Paper grips.

I've never handled Alumagrips before, but I have handled the VZ's in the Gatorback cuts (but never the 320's).  Any help on making a decision would be appreciated.  I'm even looking for biased opinions, bitching, gripes, complaints, or praises.  I'd also definately like pictures if you've got them!

Thanks,
Kory.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:25:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Link:

Check these out from Larry Davidson

ETA: These offer a solid firm grip without cutting into your hand.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:43:31 AM EDT
[#2]
I've thought about the 4x4's that he makes.  They're similar to some of the grips that come on the more compact Kimbers, aren't they?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 12:29:40 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I've thought about the 4x4's that he makes.  They're similar to some of the grips that come on the more compact Kimbers, aren't they?

Call him. He's a really nice guy and will take the time to discuss with you exactly what would be best based on your needs.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 12:40:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I didn't see a phone number on his website, but I did e-mail him some questions shortly after my last post.  Thanks again for the link.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 12:49:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Email: [email protected]
Larry Davidson
921 Bennet St.
Cedar Hill, TX. 75104
972-291-3904
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:09:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks again, I'm just going to wait to hear back from him.

Anybody have any opinions on the Alumagrips, or the VZ 320's?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:56:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Alumagrips with our FDCC Club logo:

I really like these grips.  I liked them so much, I ordered another pair.

Pros:  They are fairly aggressive, and they add a noticeable amount of weight, which actually is a pro for me.   You can clean them off with gun scrubber pretty easy.

Cons:  They heat up with a lot of use.

I also really like the VZs, and keep a pair on my TLE.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:02:33 PM EDT
[#8]
The 320 papers are nice, but do not give as much traction as the gators.  You might want to try the new VZ Operator grips.

For looks, I like my 320s better, especially on an Eclipse.  But for use, gators, and for maximum traction, canvass gators.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top