Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2005 3:57:40 PM EDT

Here is my series 70 Colt, back from Accurate Plating. It was 2 tone, blued slide and sliver frame, with the most fucked up, kitchen table, checkering you have ever seen-Note, I did not try the checkering, the previous owner did that.

Had the frame-to-slide fit, stippling on the front strap and trigger guard, I had wanted Bo-Mar rear sight, but for some reason I got a STI rear, to which I have placed a call to them to ask why I did not get what I paid for.  All issue's about rear site taken care of,  great people to work with.

Finish is matte round brushed flat on the top of the slide and the dust cover and polished flats.

I'm waiting for my VZgrips from Brownells they are the black/green linen.

No range report yet, that to follow soon.....
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 4:01:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I just wanted it for the record,that I built that gun, but I did not do the checkering, that was already there when I got the frame....

I did do the beavertail, the magwell, the hammer, trigger, bushing, mainspring housing, rebuilt the inside with a new Wilson kit...

I took the pics and handled the gun...it's finish is impressive in person...hope it still shoots as good as it did when it left....
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:05:08 PM EDT
[#2]
With that thread title, I thought it was going to have a purple slide and hot pink grips.  

It looks nice.

R.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:08:05 PM EDT
[#3]
All my other guns are black, so this is bling bling to me.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:16:56 PM EDT
[#4]
For what it's worth, the STI is about $3 cheaper, but it's a nicer sight from the standpoint of the rounded rear blade.  Otherwise, fit, finish, and hardness are on par with Bo-Mar, and they're the same sight.  Of course, if it don't say Bo-Mar, well....

I can relate to wanting the Bo-Mar.  I just thought I would mention that the STI is a great sight too.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:35:50 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
For what it's worth, the STI is about $3 cheaper, but it's a nicer sight from the standpoint of the rounded rear blade.  Otherwise, fit, finish, and hardness are on par with Bo-Mar, and they're the same sight.  Of course, if it don't say Bo-Mar, well....

I can relate to wanting the Bo-Mar.  I just thought I would mention that the STI is a great sight too.

It's not that I think STI sucks.  Its that I don't know enough about  sights at all.  Before I sent the pistol down for the work, I asked a few people what sights they would put on.  Everbody said Bo-mars or Novaks.  So thats what I asked for.  I asked the gunsmith if they used Bo-mars they said yes.  All I really expect is to get what I pay for, and if there is a change in plan to be notified with the options.  Not to find out when my pistol arrives from Florida.

But they did a great job on the finish.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:24:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Looks great. AP&W did my S.A. a couple of years ago.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:20:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Had the frame-to-slide fit, stippling on the front strap and trigger guard, I had wanted Bo-Mar rear sight, but for some reason I got a STI rear, to which I have placed a call to them to ask why I did not get what I paid for, but I have yet heard from them.

they ARE the STI guys in fl. ive meet them a little odd, but nice guys (except one of them stole my lighter) bo-mar / sti pritty much the same thing.. but you did'nt ask for sti either
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:22:59 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
With that thread title, I thought it was going to have a purple slide and hot pink grips.  

It looks nice.

R.

you want bling

bling then...
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:02:54 PM EDT
[#9]
For when that carbon fiber hood on your Civic just isn't enough.

I like the refinishing. It may have a little bling to it, but that don't mean that isn't a good looking gun.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 7:59:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:53:45 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
home.att.net/~dbmsb/wsb/media/132360/site1386.jpg

home.att.net/~dbmsb/wsb/media/132360/site1387.jpg

home.att.net/~dbmsb/wsb/media/132360/site1388.jpg

Here is my series 70 Colt, back from Accurate Plating. It was 2 tone, blued slide and sliver frame, with the most fucked up, kitchen table, checkering you have ever seen-Note, I did not try the checkering, the previous owner did that.

Had the frame-to-slide fit, stippling on the front strap and trigger guard, I had wanted Bo-Mar rear sight, but for some reason I got a STI rear, to which I have placed a call to them to ask why I did not get what I paid for, but I have yet heard from them.

Finish is matte round brushed flat on the top of the slide and the dust cover and polished flats.

I'm waiting for my VZgrips from Brownells they are the black/green linen.

No range report yet, that to follow soon.....

That is KING OF BLING because it is not ugly like most bling.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:55:26 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It looks nice.

R.

you want bling
i15.photobucket.com/albums/a363/azathoth7777/fiberglock2.jpg
bling then...

I still think the Glock looks interesting  but the clear holster in the other thread still looks like a lip stick case for the spice girls. LOL
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:14:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Good lookin 1911 you got there!
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 4:09:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Talked to Bob at APW and he has taken care of all issue's about rear the site.

Great people to work with.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 4:22:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:53:41 PM EDT
[#16]
What, no front slide serrations?  I'm logging off now and will not come back to the site anymore!  No need to run me out of town
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:28:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Nice!
Had my 1911 HC'd as well, the VZ grips were a nice accent.
One of these days I'll get a digital camera and post pics...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top