Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2005 2:11:50 PM EDT
I'm looking at getting a large doublestack 1911 in .45 acp and I've come down to these two.  

STI

SVI

I know the companies were related at some point and I've heard good things about both of them.  Is there any function, reliability or quality issues with either company?    As of right now I'm leaning more towards the SVI.  I realize the doublestack mags are unique and expensive but I'm not worried about that at the moment.  I plan on buying at least 5 with the pistol.  
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:19:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Both awesome.  It's like Chevy vs GM, basically.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:26:13 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Both awesome.

Couldn't agree more.  As usual, I think it comes down to what you really want.  I really like the SV slide markings, but wish I still had my STI.  Let us see whatever you get.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:36:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I've got 3 SV 2 open gun and a limited gun and have owned a STI. I little more differents that chevy vs GM more like cadilac and chevy. If your having a gunsmith build you a gun go with STI parts lower cost but if your going factor go with SVI they cost more but they really build it the way you want and they work. Sti factor guns tend to have problems that shouldn't happen doubling rear sight pins brake just nonsense.
Are you looking to get into USPSA? if so check brianenos.com forum lots of info.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:48:52 PM EDT
[#4]
i think the only diff, inf non ramped, sti ramped.  biggest diff use svi mags ive got both the inf. mag are a lot nicer s/s heavy gauge and you dont have to mess with them to get them to work, my sti mags were not to impresive, lots of futzing with to get them to work. i dont know i could have gotten a bad batch.  but others have told me the same thing.  any way you go they are both really nice. and alot of $$$$$
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:54:47 PM EDT
[#5]
tag
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:12:23 PM EDT
[#6]

sti top svi bottom
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:12:29 PM EDT
[#7]
   Out of the 6 STI mags I have, one has worked as intended to out of the bag, not a good percentage. They are also a pricey little item considering they really don`t work very well.
    Check this spot out.     www gramsengineering.com         He claims he can make them work, I have talked to people using his items and are very pleased with them. Good luck whatever you choose.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top