Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/31/2005 1:15:36 AM EDT
Reason I'm asking is when I was doing a thorough inspection of my brand spanking new,  fresh of the shelf  Operator (read as: I had too much time on my hands),  I was thinking I'd like to see what it'd look like with the forward grip from my AR mounted to the rails.  The AR rails are carbine LMT two piece railed handguard (very common and very nice) and the forward grip is the one from Brownells that screws/unscrews from the bottom.  Lo and behold, the grip wont even slide on to the Operator's rail.  So is the Operator's out of spec?
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:13:18 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm pretty sure that would make it an SBR.  The question has come up about doing that to a Glock and most folks are of the opinion that this is illegal without a proper stamp.  

Oh yeah... it would work, although I'm not sure why.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:52:04 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I'm pretty sure that would make it an SBR.  The question has come up about doing that to a Glock and most folks are of the opinion that this is illegal without a proper stamp.  

Way to totally miss the point, heh.

OP: I can't say for certain, as I don't own a railed 1911, but I'd think some quality time with a micrometer would be in order.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 12:35:20 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Way to totally miss the point, heh.

OP: I can't say for certain, as I don't own a railed 1911, but I'd think some quality time with a micrometer would be in order.

No kidding.    

I wasn't out to make an SBR, I was wondering about the 1911's rail specs.   There. That should make it somewhat simpler to understand.    

sheesh.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:24:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Oops.  Sorry.  That's what happens when I don't read the entire post.  Sorry 'bout that.  

If it helps, I find that the rail seems a bit wide.  My M3 light is extremely tight and difficult to remove.  
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:58:05 PM EDT
[#5]
i would guess that my YHM vertical grip fit on the rail on my kimber tle/rl

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:03:37 PM EDT
[#6]
I have an operator trp and everything that fits a standard rail fits it.  Dont ask how I know.

I got some crazy looks once when I took it to the range with a bushnell 6-18x50 scope mounted upside down on it.  We were just screwing around with it since someone gave me some high rings that I had no use for and the bushnell had just come back from the manufacturer after I blew it out on my BMG.  
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:06:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:24:49 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
i would guess that my YHM vertical grip fit on the rail on my kimber tle/rl

homepage.ntlworld.com/cmmsdm/smilies/shiftyeyes.gif

Knock knock!
images.usatoday.com/news/_photos/2003/04/18-waco-inside.jpg

Technically considered an AOW right? (just a little off topic)
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:57:34 PM EDT
[#9]
It would be an AOW, and I thought the Operator rail was supposed to be 1913 spec. However, upon looking, it appears the horizontal rail cuts are not deep or tall enough. So while they may be Picatinny, they don't appear to be truly 1913 spec, like they should be.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top