Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/16/2017 7:07:11 AM EDT
meant to post in GD
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 7:16:44 AM EDT
[#1]
I used to at work. We had a lock board with door knobs and various padlocks to practice on. Some guys used to get sent to various surreptitious entry courses run by various agencies and Civ companies to learn to pick locks, hot wire vehicles, etc. I have a buddy who worked a shim technique for German door locks which are notoriously hard to pick. I want to say he can effect entry in about 3 secs if the door hasn't been double locked. If it has then it's easiest to use ECT or a 12ga lock pick.

I was actually just watching a couple youtube vids by a guy who calls himself the lockpickinglawyer or something to that effect and thought about buying a set of tools and getting back into it.  You might want to check those vids out.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 7:21:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes, knowledge is power and practice helps. The best pic for a padlock is a small hydraulic bolt cutter.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top