Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/19/2016 10:32:43 PM EDT
Ok, I have a dilema. I am trying to decide between selling my 9MM 1911 SA Range Officer Compact and purchasing a Dan Wesson ECO or Guardian or just sending my SA RO to SACS or Wilson Combat and getting it worked on which will be somewhere in the neighborhood of $800.
This will most likely be an EDC for 90% of the time.
I do not sell many guns I own, but do when it is necessary. Which would one will have a better resale if it came down to that?
I am sure they would both be very accurate and very reliable. Both will be awesome and great looking. Either option will be about the same price.
Thanks!!

Link Posted: 2/19/2016 11:24:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Generally a semi-custom will always retain value better than a customized base gun.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 11:14:40 AM EDT
[#2]
The Dan Wesson will retain value better than a built Springfield RO.  You put $800 worth of custom work in a RO and it will add about $50 to the used price but make it much harder to sell.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 12:53:58 AM EDT
[#3]
I have both the ECO and Guardian in 45acp. Both are great guns. Pick one or the other you will like them both. The ECO comes with serrated lines and a flat top 3.5 inch. Both come with thin grips. I added the S&A thin mainspring/magwell. The Guardian has a plain top and plain mainspring. I added the Ed Brown with checkering adds function with a more finished appearance. My biggest problem is deciding which one to carry. Good luck
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 10:09:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys. Looks like the SA is going to looking for a new home. I just can't see how SA left this gun with the edges so sharp. At a minimum, I woiuld have to get it dehorned and refinished. That's at least $300.00. Oh well. Now to start looking at the Dan Wessons.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top