Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/21/2015 1:22:19 AM EDT
I recall seeing info about the spring replacement cycle for these guns - 4" barrel, dual spring system with no bushing.  Does anyone know what the round count is for replacement?  Also, I recall reading that there is an aftermarket replacement for the plastic guide rod system. I would be interested in hearing about that too.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 5:24:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I recall seeing info about the spring replacement cycle for these guns - 4" barrel, dual spring system with no bushing.  Does anyone know what the round count is for replacement?  Also, I recall reading that there is an aftermarket replacement for the plastic guide rod system. I would be interested in hearing about that too.

Thanks!
View Quote

I have the ROC, IDK the duty cycle of the dual spring, and it is not plastic.  It is a bitch to remove without the plastic c clip they provide.  Wish they used the paper clip technology instead.
The spring setup works great tho.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 11:51:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have the ROC, IDK the duty cycle of the dual spring, and it is not plastic.  It is a bitch to remove without the plastic c clip they provide.  Wish they used the paper clip technology instead.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!

Lost the plastic clip about ten minutes after I bought my Champion 11 years ago, I don't even remember what its use was, just pull slide back to take down notch, slip slide stop out of frame pull slide off front, disassemble slide/RSA/barrel, easy. Assembly is reverse, use gravity to hold the link, slip the stop into the link before pulling the slide back against tension, pull back to take down notch and push it the rest of the way in.

From what I've read Wilson makes some RSA parts that fit, flat wire setup IIRC, I looked at one point pretty sure they do not advertise them as fitting, I think their spring is supposed to have a longer service life, no idea the factory service life, I haven't counted rounds on mine, pretty sure it's sadly south of 2k. But the assembly is worn enough I can tell you it's not plastic.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top