Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2014 3:44:03 PM EDT
I liked my new Colt WC CCO so much that I ordered the Government Model.  She came in Thursday, but I just a chance to lube her up and run a box through.   It's just as nice as the CCO, and I love them both.  They're slick, they're tight, and they both make it appear that I can shoot.  Both have excellent triggers, tight fit, and perform flawlessly...so far.  The front strap checkering is fantastic, and the absence of front cocking serrations is equally sexy.  Both being Series 70 is nice as well.  

I'm so happy with them that I've canceled my Wilson Combat CQB that's been on order since April.  So, I guess I'm expecting some of this...

I won't argue that the Wilson would have been a nicer pistol than these, but I guess I'm too unrefined to notice or care.  These two, together, came in about $600 less than the Wilson.  I'm very content with their function and appearance.  

I'm still lacking a CC holster for the CCO, and I intend to change the grips on the Government model.  Other than that, it's all good.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 3:51:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Very nice.

I want one.

Like you, I appreciate the quality of a Wilson, but can't justify the cost.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 4:27:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice looking set you have there.  Don't blame you one bit on that choice.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 4:36:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I've been able to handle and shoot a LOT of firearms in a short amount of time.  Wilsons are nice, but they are still just a semi-custom and the level of performance gained for the price is pretty crazy.  

Nothing to flame, two 1911's in the hand along with an extra 600 bones in the wallet is worth more than one on a waitlist.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 4:42:01 PM EDT
[#4]
badass, the CCG is on my short list.

I'm jealous
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 6:21:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Yep...love my govt version.  they are tight.  shoot great.  pretty as any.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 8:06:41 PM EDT
[#6]
No flame here. I'd do what you did.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 10:41:29 PM EDT
[#7]
I work with a couple of people who own Wilson's and put down other pistols at every turn. They compare EVERYTHING to a Wilson, including Rock Islands. Not sure how you can compare a $500 pistol to a $3500 one, but they do. I have handled many Wilson's and shot a few. There is no doubt they are very well made, just not sure they are worth that much money to me.

I really do like Colt's, nice choice.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 11:10:53 PM EDT
[#8]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I work with a couple of people who own Wilson's and put down other pistols at every turn. They compare EVERYTHING to a Wilson, including Rock Islands. Not sure how you can compare a $500 pistol to a $3500 one, but they do. I have handled many Wilson's and shot a few. There is no doubt they are very well made, just not sure they are worth that much money to me.

View Quote
Hell, I'm the reverse, I own RI's and compare them to everything...  I do try to do it honestly though.  

A old Chev truck won't have the craftsmanship of a Ferrari, but it'll get from point A to B too.

Link Posted: 9/27/2014 11:17:42 PM EDT
[#9]
No wilson.....
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 11:42:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Comparing a Wilson to a RIA.  Thats like saying your Ford Fiesta is slow compared to my Lamborghini Aventador.
I have encountered one guy like that.  I said I could by 4 Glocks and 10k of ammo and some classes and be a better shooter.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 3:32:39 AM EDT
[#11]
I have a Wilson and compare everything to my Dan Wesson valor.

I am a Colt fanboy though and do like those WCs
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 8:27:35 AM EDT
[#12]
I've had all of 'em and I compare everything to a base model Colt.  

Because a base model Colt is the standard that 1911s should be compared to.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 8:37:13 AM EDT
[#13]
those WC Colt's are tough to beat for sure.......when are you going to complete the Wiley Clapp trifecta?
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 8:54:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
those WC Colt's are tough to beat for sure.......when are you going to complete the Wiley Clapp trifecta?
View Quote

When they make the commander without FCSs.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 9:39:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

this.

Wiley clapp colts are imo the best featured 1911's in colt's current lineup.
-series 70
-blued carbon steel
-nm barrel w/ modern throating for hp's (mine likes 230gr. Gold Dots)
-front strap stippling
-novaks
-WWI style safety
-no fcs

all this for under $1400

Link Posted: 9/28/2014 10:13:52 AM EDT
[#16]
No complaints here.  You made a wise choice on another WC.  

Wilson's,  as we know are a magnificent 1911,  but I will agree, they are not in the  same price range as your everyday 1911 pistol.

I have an ED Brown 1911, but still picked up a WC Commander to carry and enjoy.  Lightened up the dark finish  of my Clapp  a bit by installing a pair of Ivories...

Link Posted: 9/28/2014 8:08:37 PM EDT
[#17]
#1 on the WC Colts! Love my WC Commander. I wouldn't trade your two WC for a Wilson, either.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 9:38:14 PM EDT
[#18]
IMO you made a good choice.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 9:44:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Good choice.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 10:36:51 PM EDT
[#20]
If you want a Wilson (or insert brand here), nothing else will really make you happy.   If you want a reliable, combat accurate gun with a few custom touches, there are a lot more options.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:19:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I liked my new Colt WC CCO so much that I ordered the Government Model.  She came in Thursday, but I just a chance to lube her up and run a box through.   It's just as nice as the CCO, and I love them both.  They're slick, they're tight, and they both make it appear that I can shoot.  Both have excellent triggers, tight fit, and perform flawlessly...so far.  The front strap checkering is fantastic, and the absence of front cocking serrations is equally sexy.  Both being Series 70 is nice as well.  

I'm so happy with them that I've canceled my Wilson Combat CQB that's been on order since April.  So, I guess I'm expecting some of this...

I won't argue that the Wilson would have been a nicer pistol than these, but I guess I'm too unrefined to notice or care.  These two, together, came in about $600 less than the Wilson.  I'm very content with their function and appearance.  

http://i58.tinypic.com/2h6hc38.jpg

I'm still lacking a CC holster for the CCO, and I intend to change the grips on the Government model.  Other than that, it's all good.
View Quote

I recognize that Wilson guns are very nice but I think you definitely came out ahead...what a beautiful pair, I especially love the gray grips on the bottom one.  I list love the look of the gray grips on guns for some reason.  Are they both Wiley Clapp editions?  I have the Ruger WC GP100 stainless, which I love and I've come to really appreciate the various Wiley Clapp edition guns.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:06:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Also my favorite 1911!

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:54:56 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I recognize that Wilson guns are very nice but I think you definitely came out ahead...what a beautiful pair, I especially love the gray grips on the bottom one.  I list love the look of the gray grips on guns for some reason.  Are they both Wiley Clapp editions?  I have the Ruger WC GP100 stainless, which I love and I've come to really appreciate the various Wiley Clapp edition guns.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i58.tinypic.com/2h6hc38.jpg

They're both Wiley Clapp.  I also like the gray grips on the CCO, but i'm in the process of changing the grips on the government model.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:24:49 AM EDT
[#24]
Nice Colts!  No wrong choice here, but I'd take a Wilson.  Just personal preference.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:02:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Very nice!
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:38:02 PM EDT
[#26]
You won't get any argument from me.

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 5:59:31 AM EDT
[#27]
Great looking pistols!
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:58:16 AM EDT
[#28]
DROOL x 2 !
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 5:44:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Smart move. I own a couple expensive 1911's and would rather have the 2 Colts than the Wilson.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 8:54:48 PM EDT
[#30]
I priced wilson, nighthawk etc etc but ended up with a custom shop colt just because i wanted a normal name gun over a custom brand. Couldn't be happier
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 4:04:48 PM EDT
[#31]
I wonder what the new Springer RO compact will do to the price on a WC CCO.   I'm really wanting a Colt CCO, but 1400.00 seems a little high.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top