Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2014 4:41:18 PM EDT
Thinking about snagging a set for my springer.

Would be a fun option to have.

Are they worth the $10 for a set of repo's from midway?
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 6:08:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I've wasted more than $10 on a bad lunch.

Buy the grips and try them
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 6:33:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 7:10:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Personally, I like the "classic GI" grips, but to me that means walnut.  Love the double diamonds, and like the fully-checkered ones but only on an early WWII pistol.
Double diamonds look good on everything!
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 7:34:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I shot 1911 single stacks for the first 25 years in USPSA... the GI (reddish brown plastic) grips were the only ones that would withstand the wear and tear from sweat and oil... most of mine have a "star" on the back of the grip panels...
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 6:15:39 AM EDT
[#5]
I think that Loaded looked best with the Pachmayrs...
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 6:19:07 AM EDT
[#6]
I put a set of Keys Fibre grips on my RIA as part of my GI clone project.  They're pretty common and not very expensive.  I think I paid $10, maybe $15 for them.  Added an  arched mainspring housing and from a distance it's a pretty good match.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 10:44:41 PM EDT
[#7]
If I wasn't using the VZ Recons that I have now, I'd still be using the the black GI style grips that came with my mil-spec. They're actually very good grips, IMHO. Great traction, and look nice and business like. Cheap to boot too. $10 is half of my first buy in in my weekly poker game. I'm embarrassed to admit how much ammo I coulda bought with all the money I've lost...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top