Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2014 1:15:17 PM EDT
Hey guys, long time lurker, first post though. Been in the market for a 1911 after enjoying a friend's. Got a text from a friend-of-a-friend with this for sale. Says it's an Ithaca. Pictures are potato quality (and I've asked for larger, better lit ones) but can any of you shed some light on this pistol based on these pics? What would you say it's worth? Should I go for it?

Thanks guys.

http://i.imgur.com/dkFaBXS.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/u6ecnza.jpg

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 1:20:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like a military grade issue side arm with an unmatching slide. The serial number looks like it's recently restamped.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 2:36:53 PM EDT
[#2]
How much is this friend's friend asking?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 2:48:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Parts gun. Run the other way.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 2:48:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Pass
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:26:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How much is this friend's friend asking?
View Quote

350. Obviously the frame isn't Ithaca... but can you guys tell what it is?

I'm not gonna get it now (thanks guys) but I am curious as to the frame's origin.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:46:46 PM EDT
[#6]
I've sen that before but can't recall who the frame manufacturer is.

For $350 for a shooter I would say not bad but you could also get a RIA GI new for about that price. It's a parts build and will never be worth more than what the parts are worth which MIGHT be $350 depending if it's a WW2 barrel, etc.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 7:15:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Parts gun, likley an Essex frame.  Rest of the parts are "who knows".  If it shoots, $350.  The whole thing looks kind of rough.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 12:37:25 PM EDT
[#8]
I'd rather have a new RIA 'GI'. At least it has a fully-hardened slide and can be fired without worrying about cracking the old G.I. slide. However, another way of looking at it is to part it out. You'd have to get it for $350 or less to make out, but it looks to have old G.I. parts on it. The frame will sell too.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 1:33:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Frame is by AR Sales, early 70s apparently.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top