Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/21/2014 7:18:18 PM EDT
I finally got the Fusion 1911 kit that I ordered awhile ago, and I had the slide cut for Novak sights, with my intentions being to get Novak Fiber Optic sights. After a little more investigation, I discovered that there is quite a few options when it comes to those very sights. For instance, the Novak Fiber Optic rear sights have a couple different options: S&W, Colt, Kimber, and Taurus. Now, the 1911 I'd be putting these on is a Fusion, so could anyone help me out with which of those four rear sight options would be correct for a Fusion slide?
Also, if anyone has a suggestion for which height I'd need for the Novak Fiber Optic front sight, I'm all ears

Thanks for the help
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 4:04:34 AM EDT
[#1]
slide cut for Novak sights, that is your answer.
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 3:33:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
slide cut for Novak sights, that is your answer.
View Quote

So does it not matter whether i get the Novak rear sight made for Taurus, Colt, Kimber or S&W?

Any recommendations on which front sight height would be a good one to get?
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 9:46:07 PM EDT
[#3]
You want the novak rear sight that is cut for the novak sight cut.

Novak is a sight manuf, but Novak also has there own sight cut, and this is what fusion would of cut the slide to if you specified novak sight cuts.

for front sight I get a gunsmith blank and machine the front sight down till I get poa/poi I am looking for.  Email novak they may have a sugestion.
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 5:31:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Colt Novak rear will likely be the best fit. Not all Colts have the same front sight cut, as I found out with my Rail Gun. Luckily Novak made one for my XSE, as the standard Novak front overhangs the slide.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 6:39:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Colt Novak rear will likely be the best fit. Not all Colts have the same front sight cut, as I found out with my Rail Gun. Luckily Novak made one for my XSE, as the standard Novak front overhangs the slide.
View Quote

Thanks. Thats what I kind of figured would be the one that fit
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top