User Panel

Posted: 1/21/2014 12:23:21 PM EDT
Requested work:

HD sights, serrated black rear with tritium front

Serrate the flattop of the slide

Serrate rear of slide and extractor, include spare extractor

Mill barrel flush with slide, recess crown

Hi Power-type cut on the front of the slide

Trigger job with all HD parts (except keep the STI trigger)

Machine slide stop pin flush with frame, recess the frame around it

HD extended mag release

Install provided EB Tactical ambi-safety (I cut the right side safety lever back and re-shaped it until it resembled a USGI safety. Just enough to use in a pinch, but out of the way the rest of the time)

Mill off bottom of frame, weld and shape EGW magwell to frame. I'll end up with the same OAL length as the factory grip, but with the added benefit of a magwell

With the magwell, a Chen MSH. Machine chainlink scallops into the MSH to match the factory pattern on the front strap.

HD G10 grips

Coat entire pistol, including barrel, in IonBond

It'll be a while until she's done. I'll post up pics when she is.

Semper Fi!
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 1:16:52 PM EDT
[#1]
John usually has long wait times, how long  did he tell it would be?
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 3:50:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Excellent...I just picked up a new Ranger II a week ago...it's a real impressive gun for the money.
I was thinking of similar slide work with a bob tail...look forward to your pic's
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 6:01:29 PM EDT
[#3]
John lives about 15mins from me and has built several 1911's for me. I just drop it off and tell him I'm in no hurry, he calls me when it's done.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 10:37:53 PM EDT
[#4]
I added a 10-8 slide stop
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 2:04:47 PM EDT
[#5]
I can't wait to see it. Where are you at in Ga? I'm in johns creek
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 2:26:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Paulding County
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top