Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2013 3:09:57 PM EDT
Looking for an officers sized 1911. Was all set on STI guardian, until i started reading about people sending there guns in quite often. Than found a good deal locally for a Sig traditional compact. Im going to say STI guardian is the better of the two, but $1150 vs $800. Not sure its that much better. And the sti comes with one mag vs sigs 2
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 4:33:34 PM EDT
[#1]
When was the build date on that Sig traditional compact?  I ordered one last winter under the Sig IOP program and have been waiting and waiting.  If its pre-December 2012 I'd be all over it.
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 4:00:59 PM EDT
[#2]
June 2013
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 8:23:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
June 2013
View Quote

Give the Sig a good look over, and then decide.  I'd get it if it checks out okay as Sig should warranty any issues.  

I'm just a little miffed that I've been waiting 10 months for one of these that I already paid for.  Sig won't give me any response on availability and the shop I ordered from is saying early next year is the soonest.  This after I was told 60 days when the order was placed.  I already tried to get a refund from the LGS, and was told they would charge me a 20% restocking fee.    I guess I thought Sig stopped making the Traditonal Compact this year, but the June '13 build date shows they are still producing that model.  

I guess since I survived the Arfcom Trijicon group buy, I can wait this out too.  
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 6:14:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Looking for an officers sized 1911. Was all set on STI guardian, until i started reading about people sending there guns in quite often. Than found a good deal locally for a Sig traditional compact. Im going to say STI guardian is the better of the two, but $1150 vs $800. Not sure its that much better. And the sti comes with one mag vs sigs 2
View Quote

Where did you hear about the guardian needing a lot of work?

I was thinking about getting one instead of a Colt CCO.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 7:36:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I have STI Spartan III .45 , officers 1911, paid $600

Runs awesome, series 70 , one of my favorite guns

Link Posted: 10/24/2013 3:16:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Used dan wesson CCO if you can find one. I got one for a screaming deal about a year ago
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 4:10:39 AM EDT
[#7]
If you don't intend to use it much if at all for range use, the sig will do you good. But if you plan on doing some shooting, you'll appreciate the extra sight radius the STI will offer.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 5:35:27 AM EDT
[#8]
>>Was all set on STI guardian, until i started reading about people sending there guns in quite often<<

That's news to me.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 2:43:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
>>Was all set on STI guardian, until i started reading about people sending there guns in quite often<<

That's news to me.
View Quote

Never heard of any issue. Care to share more info OP? Where did you read about those?
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 6:49:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If you don't intend to use it much if at all for range use, the sig will do you good. But if you plan on doing some shooting, you'll appreciate the extra sight radius the STI will offer.
View Quote

The STI Guardian has a 3.96" barrel.  The Sig Traditional Compact is 4.2"
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:19:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the correction. My bad assuming their compact was a 3".
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:27:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Never heard of any issue. Care to share more info OP? Where did you read about those?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's news to me.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top