Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2013 12:59:04 PM EDT
Traded a new Stag 2T AR15 and $200 cash for this just wondering how I did. I had 3 other AR's but only 1 1911 (22lr) So i figured it was probably not a bad trade. According to Springfield it was made in January 2008. Shows a little wear around some edges. Came with the case, factory holster and mag carrier and 2 Wilson 47D magazines.

And a artsy iphone one.

Hopefully I didnt get to hosed on the deal but seems like there arent to many of these up for sale to really compare.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 1:44:16 PM EDT
[#1]
The used ones I've seen have been in the $1100-1200 range.   I don't know what your rifle is worth but it doesn't sound like you did too badly.
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 2:31:40 PM EDT
[#2]
You did real good. Maybe even enough to feel guilty. I would make that trade all day everyday.
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 3:02:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Horrible. I will send you my FFL infoo and give you $200.00 Canadian for it.

Nice trade I think and I do like the TRPs.
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 5:26:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Oh yeah!
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 5:58:57 PM EDT
[#5]
IMO you made a good trade.
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 6:32:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Not bad on the trade...

As for the TRP it's one of my favorite 1911s and I think I shoot mine better than my Nighthawk Predator.
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 10:07:08 PM EDT
[#7]
a damn good trade, for a damn good pistol!

check out the rear night sight from Harrison Design-  if you plan on carrying it, its worth a look.

you can also switch out the bull barrel with a pre fit one from nowlin, because the slide is pre cut for a bushing if you desire.

also- Dawson Precision makes a tooless guide rod for this gun if you decide to keep the bull barrel in it

chip mccormic mags work best in it.  the power mags specifically.

have fun!  
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 6:53:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Agree on the trade and the pistol - my TRP is my favorite 1911.

I am looking at http://www.10-8performance.com/recoil-spring-plug-trp-operator/ for mine to dump the need for a tool to dissemble.  Just need a GI rod and spring in addition.

I too have had good luck with chip mccormic mags but the shooting stars as well as the power mags run well for me.  

Link Posted: 9/6/2013 7:34:15 PM EDT
[#9]
hah! My TRP went back to Springfield 3X and it never did run right.
It went to a new home at a financial loss. 3rd Springfield in a row that was a lemon.
In all fairness( fair????) it was stainless and the early TRP's in s.s. had awful troubles with gauling in the rails.
Gun metal blue might be much better.
Dollar for dollar you got the best of the deal.
I've never been bashful about my opinions as long as they are truthful.
TRP pistols are overpriced for a foriegn made pistol but they do seem to have a great following.
When my TRP ran it wouldn't shoot groups as well as any of my Kimbers. My Gold Cup will shoot with the Kimber II Target and both are s.s. and don't have gauling issues.

I'm sure your TRP will run right even if it was an early one.
I doubt your TRP will have rail gauling issues as it's not stainless and it is reported to be capable of holding 1 inch groups at 25 yards.
Is a range report in the future?
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 10:13:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Love my TRP they go used all day long for 1400 in my neck of the woods.  I would make that trade I think you did good.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 5:29:26 AM EDT
[#11]
I paid $1500 o.t.d. for my s.s. version.
I've never seen a used one for sale so they must hold up well and have a great reputation with satisfied owners.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 6:26:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
hah! My TRP went back to Springfield 3X and it never did run right.
It went to a new home at a financial loss. 3rd Springfield in a row that was a lemon.
In all fairness( fair????) it was stainless and the early TRP's in s.s. had awful troubles with gauling in the rails.
Gun metal blue might be much better.
Dollar for dollar you got the best of the deal.
I've never been bashful about my opinions as long as they are truthful.
TRP pistols are overpriced for a foriegn made pistol but they do seem to have a great following.
When my TRP ran it wouldn't shoot groups as well as any of my Kimbers. My Gold Cup will shoot with the Kimber II Target and both are s.s. and don't have gauling issues.

I'm sure your TRP will run right even if it was an early one.
I doubt your TRP will have rail gauling issues as it's not stainless and it is reported to be capable of holding 1 inch groups at 25 yards.
Is a range report in the future?
View Quote

What "foreign" land do you believe the trp to be made in?  They are factory built in the us as the NM prefix indicates.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 8:25:58 AM EDT
[#13]
I have a trp and like it very much but there is a difference between being built in the USA and being assembled in the USA.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 8:35:21 AM EDT
[#14]
There is a huge difference between being MADE in the U.S. and ASSEMBLED in the U.S.
Just because I had unlucky issues with Sringfiled products is not a reason to avoid Spring filed products.
I would never have even suspected a $1500 dollar pistol to have the serious issues I did.
There must be a LOT of Springfield pistols that work great right out of the box.
The 3 I had were unluckly flukes I'm sure. One s.s. 1911 was very poor in accuracy, not coming cloes to my Gold Cup or Kimbers.
A 9mm shot 14 " hig at 25 yards and Sprinfield said they could only get it to shoot 4" high. I sold it.
I traded the other 1911 s.s. on a Smith 25-5 as n.i.b.
The TRP went back 3 X and still wouldn't run right. I took a loss to be shed of it.
Bad luck I'm sure.
I'd own another Sprinfeild product with out reservation. If it were free.
On a serious note I'd love to see a range report on the TRP, benched from 25 yards if you do that sort of thing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top