Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/4/2013 5:07:09 AM EDT
Will the Colt Rail gun fit into a Galco Miami Classic Shoulder rig?
Link Posted: 7/5/2013 4:07:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Bueller? Bueller?
Link Posted: 7/19/2013 6:19:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Bump, I am interested in this as well
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 3:52:37 AM EDT
[#3]
I cannot answer your specific question , but I can share my own experience
I recently got a Colt Rail Gun ( a .45 ACP ) I specify caliber some refer to the .22 LR version with the colt label made by some other company as a "rail gun"

My pistol will not fit in any of my 1911 Holsters I had for my other 5" guns
I have 2 kydex  holsters , and a leather holster. The area around the rail is the issue

I am currently looking for a general purpose holster for mine
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 12:54:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Is it made for a 1911 with rail? If it is you should be good, if its just a normal one then no
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 5:44:32 PM EDT
[#5]
nope.  tried with mine -even after loosening the screws all the way, its a no go.  ive kinda come to the conclusion that the railed guns are for duty, and running off duty, or plain clothes requires a standard 1911.

Link Posted: 7/25/2013 3:22:24 AM EDT
[#6]
The Colt Rail gun is dimensionally different than the Springfield operator style railed frames and the caspian style railed frames.  It is it's own animal as far as dimensions go.  I don't know if it would fit in a leather holster for either of those styles but it certainly won't fit in a well made Kydex holster not made specifically for it.

Raven does Colt Rail Gun Kydex holsters though for the other guy looking for one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top