Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/20/2013 11:14:08 AM EDT
I called LAR today in hopes that they had a magazine for my MK V.  They told me that everything was purchased by Winchester who then sold all remaining parts to an unnamed third party.  Does anyone here know what's going on?  Is someone going to tool up to make the Grizzly hand cannons again?  Anyone know who bought all the leftover parts?
Link Posted: 5/20/2013 12:41:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I am probably wrong, but I thought CDNN bought all Grizzly stuff to liquidate it.

Thanks,
Mark
Link Posted: 5/20/2013 1:27:42 PM EDT
[#2]
First time I have heard of the Winchester part of the story.  (Doesn't make a lot of sense to me).

I remember when they were selling parts.  I think that was back in the 90s.  I bought a couple of spare magazines, extractors, springs.  

Now, I think you would have to look at Gunbroker, etc. listings.  Be prepared, set aside lots of money and maybe a tank of oxygen.

I will look, but I suspect I have lost all of the paperwork associated with that last transaction.  It was several years ago, so I would think that trail has gone cold by now.
Link Posted: 5/20/2013 6:18:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I purchased two brand new magazines for My LAR 45 Win Mag on Gunbroker from Jim Dolson. He has all the remaining parts and is releasing them as few at a time. He has enough parts to make whole pistols. Here is the contact information I have for him. If you call him on the phone be prepared to spend some time talking to him. He does like to talk about the Grizzly pistols. He is also selling new 45 Win Mag bullets manufactured in Texas. New brass and all quality components.  

Jim Dolson
P.O. Box 416
Skidmore, TX 78389-0416
361-461-1247

You can also find him on Gunbroker. Search on 45 Winchester Mag. You will eventually find one of his ads.

Here is a picture of mine.

Link Posted: 5/21/2013 8:10:59 PM EDT
[#4]
LAR is now owned by Remington.
Link Posted: 5/22/2013 4:48:39 AM EDT
[#5]
I replaced a chipped extractor for my friend's Grizzly... not including shipping that part cost $65!!! and this was direct from L.A.R.!
Link Posted: 5/22/2013 2:54:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Really?  I know they were making AR parts for Bushmaster.  Do you mean that they are a Cerberus company?
Link Posted: 5/22/2013 4:09:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Correct.  Don't know why I was thinking Winchester.  I talked with Jim Dolson today.  He said that there's a company seriously looking at reproducing the Grizzly and another company talking about producing magazines and caliber conversion kits.  I sure hope someone steps up.
Link Posted: 5/23/2013 3:58:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Correct.  Don't know why I was thinking Winchester.  I talked with Jim Dolson today.  He said that there's a company seriously looking at reproducing the Grizzly and another company talking about producing magazines and caliber conversion kits.  I sure hope someone steps up.

If someone does start making them again I will probably buy one. I've wanted one for years.
Link Posted: 5/23/2013 8:41:38 PM EDT
[#9]
I know where one is sitting in a pawn shop for $1400. I don't need to spend that kind of money but I like the pistol.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top