Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/18/2012 10:49:40 PM EDT
Just thought I'd throw some pictures out of my new RIA2011 with rail. The stock grips are nice, but I liked the way my C&S grips looked on it better. The MSH on this and other RIA 1911s are plastic now so that had to go. In it's place is a Nighthawk Custom MSH w/magwell I had laying around. The trigger was okay but I like the solid look a lot better so that got replaced. I replaced the ambi safety with a single sided. I had a spare rear Novak 2 dot sight in my bin so I fit it to the slide and drilled the front for a third dot. The FLGR was also replaced with a standard GI plug and guide.

Yea, I replaced these parts before I've even shot it yet, but it's set-up the way I want it with parts I already had on hand. It has also been cleaned and re-lubed inside and out and I'll be shooting it sometime this week.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 2:09:54 AM EDT
[#1]
very nice
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 10:43:37 AM EDT
[#2]

Nice 1911, OP.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 11:36:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies! I've had the RIA with full rail on my list since it's introduction and although a full rail dosn't have a real purpose, the different cut on the slide and frame makes for a nice variation. It also feeds empty brass like it's feeding nothing at all.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 11:44:06 AM EDT
[#4]
I am curios about your RIA 2011.  

1) over all cost , gun and new parts
2) overall original quality
3) range report

Yours Looks good and want to supplement my pistol inventory with a rail 1911 style pistol that I can do some of my own mods without breaking the budget.

I have a Colt 1991A1 which I have done some replaced parts, but don't want to do any irreversible mods.

Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 12:27:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I am curios about your RIA 2011.  

1) over all cost , gun and new parts
2) overall original quality
3) range report

Yours Looks good and want to supplement my pistol inventory with a rail 1911 style pistol that I can do some of my own mods without breaking the budget.

I have a Colt 1991A1 which I have done some replaced parts, but don't want to do any irreversible mods.

Thanks in advance

1) every part I fit/installed I had on hand so cost is subjective on what you can buy the parts for now. The gun itself was $550 with $25 shipping which is well over $100 less than I would of bought it locally.

2) Original quality is just fine for a lower end 1911. I personally don't like the plastic mainspring housings manufactures are going with now a days. I don't care for FLGRs, but the stock one was fine. The fit of everything is pretty nice and the slide to frame fit is tight. The factory wood grips are nice, but I like mine better.

3) Range report will be sometime this week. So far it feeds,extracts and ejects empty cases like it's feeding nothing at all.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 8:35:42 PM EDT
[#6]
So here's the range report....

Ammo brought
Federal American Eagle 230gr. Ball
Winchester White Box 230gr. Ball
Winchester PDX-1 230gr standard pressure HP
Federal HST 230gr. standard pressure HP

Total rounds brought: 300

Magazines used
Kimpro Tac 8rd.
Chip McCormick 8rd.
Wilson Combat 47D 8rd.
Supplied ACT 8rd.
Wolff branded ACT 8rd.
Colt 7rd.
Cheap Colt knock off 7rd.

The reliability was 100% with all ammo and every magazine. Each round fed, fired and ejected nicely and brass landed in the same spot every shot. Each mag locked in like they're suppose to and pushed up on the slide stop locking the slide open when empty.

Accuracy was pretty good. I could tell the front end was a tad heavier but since I took out the FLGR, it's not as heavy as you would think. The sights never moved and were right on when I adjusted the rear Novak with my laser bore sighter at home. Below is a target at 15 yards rapid fire. Not bad for a budget 1911 and I'd defiantly recommend it to anyone looking for a full rail 1911 that dosn't want to spend the money on the higher end brands.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top