Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/4/2012 3:06:13 PM EDT
I'm  thinking about using a Commander hammer (with the round hole) on my SA GI45.  I want to keep the old school look and feel of the gun intact.  I've heard this can be done by "bobbing" the grip safety.  Anyone have this mod on their traditional 1911 or seen one with it?

I think this pic shows what I'm referring to:

Link Posted: 7/4/2012 6:46:43 PM EDT
[#1]
My Sistema has a commander hammer and grip safety which is what is shown in your pic the parts only require some minor fitting. It is an easy jog for a competant smith. I did mine with a new trigger as well. A long one made for a much nicer handling pistol IMO.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 4:53:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 5:09:12 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I'm  thinking about using a Commander hammer (with the round hole) on my SA GI45.  I want to keep the old school look and feel of the gun intact.  I've heard this can be done by "bobbing" the grip safety.  Anyone have this mod on their traditional 1911 or seen one with it?

I think this pic shows what I'm referring to:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y258/buzkilr/408.jpg

That looks vaguely familiar: (These are all OEM Colt "rat tail" grip safeties)

... my Night Officer's ACP came that way too:

... or you taking that down even further, to approximate the length of a WW1 Colt grip safety

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top