Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/2/2012 7:23:40 PM EDT
Today I ordered my Ed Brown Special Forces Stainless Steel 1911.

This pistol will be my first 1911, (I currently have a Glock 19. which I ccw whenever I can)

I was told that it is going to take about 7 Months. (which is a long time.)

But;

There are several reasons I am spending the cash on this 1911 (my justification)

My father passed away unexpectedly last year, at the age of 55, Leaving behind his

5 year old daughter (my half sister) my step-mom and myself, I am 21.

I am saying this because It is hard to drop $3000 on a Pistol.

So I wanted to make it super special.

The Serial Number will be my dads birthday.

My last name will be on the front right hand of the slide.

And the word "Legacy" will be above the slide stop on the left side.

I do not care about the resale value as I will never sell this pistol.

It is something I will carry daily, and shoot weekly.

And something that I look forward to pass on to my son years down the road. (Sucks for the second born who gets the Glock)

Pictures to come in 7 Months!!!!!

-Soileater
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 1:06:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice touch!
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 1:15:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Cool
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 5:19:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Nice touch to the memory of your dad. Very classy.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 2:04:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Super cool. Ed makes a great gun.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 2:10:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Today I ordered my Ed Brown Special Forces Stainless Steel 1911.

This pistol will be my first 1911, (I currently have a Glock 19. which I ccw whenever I can)

I was told that it is going to take about 7 Months. (which is a long time.)

But;

There are several reasons I am spending the cash on this 1911 (my justification)

My father passed away unexpectedly last year, at the age of 55, Leaving behind his

5 year old daughter (my half sister) my step-mom and myself, I am 21.

I am saying this because It is hard to drop $3000 on a Pistol.

So I wanted to make it super special.

The Serial Number will be my dads birthday.

My last name will be on the front right hand of the slide.

And the word "Legacy" will be above the slide stop on the left side.

I do not care about the resale value as I will never sell this pistol.

It is something I will carry daily, and shoot weekly.

And something that I look forward to pass on to my son years down the road. (Sucks for the second born who gets the Glock)

Pictures to come in 7 Months!!!!!

-Soileater

Good work!  

My father just died and I should also have a gun built in his memory
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 2:41:14 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm sure that would have made your dad happy. Great Idea and a great gun well worth the wait that you will be proud to own the rest of your and maybe hand down to your son some day
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 2:50:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Very classy and well thought out!   Sorry for the loss of your Dad.

Well done!
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 5:13:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Awesome choice.  EB makes a great 1911!
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 5:27:27 PM EDT
[#9]

Why don't you get custom grips that feature your dad's portrait?  Something like these?

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 5:51:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Why don't you get custom grips that feature your dad's portrait?  Something like these?

http://i641.photobucket.com/albums/uu138/Fluffy9lives/1911picturegrips.jpg

Pretty Cool Idea,

But I kind of like it being subtle.

-Soileater

Those are cool, but My dad was not as good looking as me nor the ed brown. j.k j.k
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 6:13:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Great idea.

After my Mom passed I took some "Mom" money and bought my first AR.

Mom had a beautiful signature.  I took it to an engraver and asked if he could copy it exactly.

For a set up charge he scanned her signature into the computer and then engraved it on my gun.

I now have a rifle named "Betty Ann".  

Like yours, it will never be sold and will always be my favorite AR.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 8:19:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Sorry about your Dad ..

However if your Dad was a Gun Guy I do believe he would be extremely pleased with what you ordered.

As a new owner of a Ed Brown Special  Forces myself ,  I can say you will be pleased with the gun.

I know I am.  

LV
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 8:33:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Hope it is only 7 months.
My step brother's Special Forces took almost a year because they messed up the first one. The only thing he asked for is for the light rail and the chain link checkering front and back.

They sent a regular SF with no rail....after about 6 months. When they were told, no it was to be a SF with light rail they sent the correct 1911 in about another three or four months They basically put him back at the end of the list for their screw up.

All that said, the gun was well worth the wait. I got to make fun of him while he waited because of all the money he had already spent and had nothing to show for it because that's what we do, we laugh at eachother's misfortunes but he gets the last laugh because it is one damn fine gun. Because of that gun, now I want one. Seriously sweet shooter and great looking.

Congrats!
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 9:51:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Very nice tribute to your Father and a very special heirloom to pass down too.  EB will engrave the barrel bushing too, I've seen several with the Owner's last name on it, or their forum User ID.  Just a thought if you haven't considered it yet.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 12:56:02 PM EDT
[#15]
1911's are just cool.  I have a couple and need a lot more of them.  That's all I have to say.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 2:45:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Bless your little heart!
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 10:29:05 AM EDT
[#17]
You will not be disappointed. I ordered an Executive Elite some year and a half ago now and it is currently the finest firearm I've ever owned. I've got 4500 rounds through it and aside from a little issue that I created, the gun has been flawless.

Mine only took 3 months though... That was back in late 2010 though. :-)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top