Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/27/2012 5:49:23 PM EDT
Looking to buy another full-size 1911, and am considering the Sig Tacops.  I've owned a Sig P232, and had zero problems with it, but would appreciate opinions regardIng the Tacops.

Thanks a lot.
Link Posted: 3/27/2012 6:57:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't have that exact model, but mine's been good to go.   Throw the mag in the drawer if you plan on using it for serious work.   The mags that came with mine had a habit (also observed with other mags of this style) of vomiting all the rounds out the top if bumped exactly right.
Link Posted: 3/27/2012 7:31:38 PM EDT
[#2]
i would buy the tac ops but i'm set on buying a extreme or scorpion model not sure which. i have read nothing but good things about sig 1911s
Link Posted: 3/27/2012 7:46:19 PM EDT
[#3]
My tacops has been great alot of gun for the money. Mags suck, I sold mine NIW and replaced them with CMC power+.  Grips are next to be replaced they are dam hard on yor skin ,, IMO the tacops is the best deal out there under $1200.00 I picked mine up off gunbroker for well under $900.00
shipped and transferd.
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 9:08:41 AM EDT
[#4]
I bought a Tac Ops last fall and it's been great. Shoots better than I do of course, and it's been reliable so far. The mags that came with it have been reliable, but I wouldn't use them for carry. The reason is that the base pad is too fragile. The groove in the pad where the bottom lips of the magazine slide in are too thin. I had one break off after just a few trips to the range. It would really suck to be in a life or death situation and slam a magazine in, only to have all the rounds shit out of the bottom of the mag.

I would recommend a Sig 1911. Some folks can't get past the external extractor and the Sig-profile slide, but I have no problem with it since I like Sigs anyway.
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 11:57:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the great input, especially about the mags.  Have heard a few negative comments about them, and was planning to get  McCormick's, especially if the mags that come with the gun can be sold.

Appreciate it.
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 10:53:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Tag for more input.

I have a possible trade deal for a SIG Tacops in the works and want to know if I should stay or go.
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 4:33:09 PM EDT
[#7]
I have the carry stainless and it is GTG no problems...a few minor fit finish issues but nothing worth losing any sleep over.
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 4:24:24 AM EDT
[#8]
I just ordered the Tac Ops in the carry size with the threaded barrell. I can tell you everything I have read about it says its GTG. I have hear some issues with the factory magazines though. Sorry I dont have much input, this will be my first 1911.
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 4:26:08 AM EDT
[#9]
This has become my favorite picture (from 1911 forums)

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top