Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/17/2012 1:13:03 PM EDT
My wife always loved my Springfield Loaded that I sold a few years ago , so for Valentines I got her an American Classic 1911 Commander. For $549.00 out the door,  this thing is pretty sweet. Fit and finish is every bit as nice s the springer was, internally there are fewer machine marks. Trigger has a little creep, but is crisp once you take it up. Were taking it to the range in the AM, so we'll see how it shoots, heck I liked it so much I ordered one in two tone for myself from BUDS, I hope its as nice. Stay tuned for a range report.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a338/privateer1967/ebay/gun/PICT0100.jpg

Pic of said sammich maker.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a338/privateer1967/ebay/gun/PICT0094.jpg
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 4:05:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice. She likes 1911's she is a keeper!
Link Posted: 2/18/2012 6:10:15 AM EDT
[#2]
She's a keeper!
Link Posted: 2/18/2012 10:28:16 AM EDT
[#3]
American Classic /Metro arms makes a pretty decent 1911, espically for the price. I liked my American Classic 2 when it was stock. Since I've had some work down to it, it easliy on my favorite  pistols. My buddy has a commander that had feeding issues, I had my gunsmith(Smithy Joe) tune it up, went shooting yesterday, 100 rounds hollow point out of wilson 47d mags, no issues, time well tell with his commander, but I think it will be GTG. Joe is a great 1911 smith, If you need his services let me know, I will get you his information.

Jay
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top