Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2011 9:55:36 AM EDT
Can anyone tell me what surefire p-model is this? I want one for my gsr but cant find it anywhere?
And do u also know who makes the duty holster for it? Called safariland and others and no luck!
Thx in advanced

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 10:24:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Thats the old Nitrolon series, not made anymore. The 1911 versions were the P107/P117. Safariland did make holsters that fit them but may have discontinued them since the lights were discontinued several years ago. Why do you want that light instead of one of the newer, better lights available now?
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 10:34:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Old Nitrolon series, as stated above, not made anymore; sell it and get a more current X300 for which Safariland makes a good holster for. I have an older X200 and have a Safariland 6304 leg rig with SLS.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 9:33:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Thats the old Nitrolon series, not made anymore. The 1911 versions were the P107/P117. Safariland did make holsters that fit them but may have discontinued them since the lights were discontinued several years ago. Why do you want that light instead of one of the newer, better lights available now?

I heard the P serious are brighter than the X models, yeah their bulky but I can manage though
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 9:54:42 AM EDT
[#4]
You can still find them on ebay occasionally along with Safariland Holsters to fit "IF" you can figure Safariland's Product Codes.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 9:55:11 AM EDT
[#5]
The P series were listed at 65 lumens while the X300 is around 170 lumens. There is a bit of a difference in the light characteristics due to the Incandecent vs LED light but the X300 would be a better choice IMO. If you still want a P series you can probably find a used one on Ebay or Gunbroker, same with a holster.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 1:43:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Keeping up with weapon light generations is starting to feel like keeping up with Firefox or iPhone updates.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 2:46:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, the X series are much brighter and have much longer runtime on a set of batteries than the old incandescent Nitrolon series.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top