Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2011 7:04:59 AM EDT
Does anyone know the story on availability on the Colt Series 70 Blued 1911 full sized Gov Model?  I keep an eye out on gunbroker from time to time and they seem impossible to find NIB.  I often see the 1991a1's which are nice but I'd prefer the 70 over the 80 if I can help it.  Does colt not produce them often, or at all for that matter?  Thanks for the insight.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 9:16:36 AM EDT
[#1]
They are produced in batches, and then quickly snatched up when they hit the shelves.

Gotta be quick, or maybe find a dealer that can order you one

Link Posted: 8/13/2011 10:15:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
They are produced in batches, and then quickly snatched up when they hit the shelves.

Gotta be quick, or maybe find a dealer that can order you one

Man, that's the truth.  I got tired of waiting and went with a SS as they are much easier to find....well, not necessarily easy, but more so than the blued guns.  Personally, I don't mind stainless, but I know most folks want blue.

Happy hunting to the OP.  And by the way, Ozark Guns has the SS model in stock as of today.  (Their website is kinda cheesy, but good people to deal with in  my experience)

Link Posted: 8/13/2011 10:44:34 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a series 70 that I purchased about maybe a year ago because I was thinking about sending it to Heirloom Precision.We'll I can't afford to right now. I'm almost tempted to sell it since it doesn't have the 100 year roll mark on it.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 10:51:35 AM EDT
[#4]
i'd prefer it without the 100 year rollmark personally.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 10:58:03 AM EDT
[#5]
if you ever decide to sell that series 70 btw, let me know.  i'm in florida also, could possibly do a f2f if you are near by.  thanks appreciate it.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 11:03:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have a series 70 that I purchased about maybe a year ago because I was thinking about sending it to Heirloom Precision.We'll I can't afford to right now. I'm almost tempted to sell it since it doesn't have the 100 year roll mark on it.

I was under the impression that all the S70 guns came with an arched MSH.  What's up with that?

Link Posted: 8/13/2011 11:42:55 AM EDT
[#7]
This one came like that I usually see the stainless with the arched mainspring housing either way you probably have to change it out since its plastic, I prefer the straight myself, I think it would resell itself easier since it doesn't have the 100 year roll mark, which most of the ones I've seen do.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 3:23:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
This one came like that I usually see the stainless with the arched mainspring housing either way you probably have to change it out since its plastic, I prefer the straight myself, I think it would resell itself easier since it doesn't have the 100 year roll mark, which most of the ones I've seen do.

Very interesting.  Honestly, I've never seen a NIB S70 with a flat MSH, blue or SS.  (Colt's catalog and website show both with the arched housing)  And I also thought that all the S70's came with steel MSH's, as mine did.  The S80 guns do come with a plastic MSH and I've changed mine to steel parts.  Is there ANY possibility that someone changed that one to a flat plastic housing before you bought it?  I'm far from a Colt expert, so I gotta ask.

I agree that the absence of the 100 year rollmark may re-sell quicker, for now anyway.  Seems to be kind of a 'love it or hate it' sort of thing.  I bought mine this year specifically for the rollmark.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top