Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2011 5:20:27 PM EDT
I have been looking at alot of pre 70 Colt 1911's lately.  I noticed some of the "Royal Blue" ones seem to have slides with a different coloring that the frame.   Is this normal?  the gentleman said he was the original owner and it has never had any parts replacced or reblued.   Can someone shed some light on why the different shades and whether it was limited to specific years?

Matt
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 5:43:07 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I have been looking at alot of pre 70 Colt 1911's lately.  I noticed some of the "Royal Blue" ones seem to have slides with a different coloring that the frame.   Is this normal?  the gentleman said he was the poriginal oner and it has never had any parts replacced or reblued.   Can someone shed some light on why the different shades and whether it was limited to specific years?

Matt
Is this some sort of mystic title like Grand Wizard, High Priest, or Supreme Oracle?

Link Posted: 8/12/2011 6:12:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Was it a aluminum framed Commander?
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 6:24:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Quoted:
I have been looking at alot of pre 70 Colt 1911's lately.  I noticed some of the "Royal Blue" ones seem to have slides with a different coloring that the frame.   Is this normal?  the gentleman said he was the poriginal oner and it has never had any parts replacced or reblued.   Can someone shed some light on why the different shades and whether it was limited to specific years?

Matt
Is this some sort of mystic title like Grand Wizard, High Priest, or Supreme Oracle?

Alright....i was in a hurry and can't spell.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 6:27:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Was it a aluminum framed Commander?

No.  These were all full frame guns from the 60's.   some just had plum colored blueing on the slide and a richer blue color blueing on the frame.   just wondering if that is normal.  I have my eye on a nice 1968 National Match and want to make sure everything is original before i buy it.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 8:20:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes, some kinds of steel will take blue different.Had several that were like that thru the years.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top