Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/27/2011 4:52:45 PM EDT
Here it is!!!

I got it for $480 at my local gun shop. It came with 2 mags. I don't like the chunky wood grips, but I can remedy that easily. I'm going to take it to the range this weekend and give it a good test run. I've been playing with it using snap caps and the trigger is very nice, smooth to hand cycle, and the fit and finish seems really nice....no slop at all between the slide and lower.
Link Posted: 7/27/2011 7:17:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice! Looks like it has a lot of nice features for a sub $500 1911 for sure. Let us know how she shoots!
Link Posted: 7/28/2011 2:46:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks muddy. I will definately let you know how it shoots after this weekend. I plan on using both FMJ and some hollow points to see how it handles all types of ammo. I have heard that 1911s are not that fond of HP ammo at times.
Link Posted: 7/28/2011 4:14:08 AM EDT
[#3]
I also have a Citadel 1911. For me, I don't see any reason to spend any more on a 1911. This thing will put every round in a 1-2" group I do my part, and I've even managed to get a few double taps to touch each other. I'll admit I'm not the best shooter but for what I use it for, it's a fantastic gun and one of my favorite purchases so far. And like you, I immediatly ran to the store and picked up a set of Hogues for mine. I've since took a file to the left wood grip and added a notch for my thumb to easy is mag changes then hit them with some Krylon. Congrats on the buy, I'm sure you'll enjoy it just as much as I do mine.
Link Posted: 7/28/2011 6:23:06 AM EDT
[#4]
My nephew has one of them and he likes it a lot.

He knows his guns too.
Link Posted: 7/28/2011 2:13:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/28/2011 2:37:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/28/2011 4:23:50 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm feeling the Citadel love around here . I cannot wait to shoot this thing. One thing I noticed with my snap caps is that if I hand cycle the slide, sometimes it doesn't go fully into battery. However, if I use the slide release and let the slide just drop then it will chamber 100% of the time. I think I'm babying the slide when I hand rack the gun. I should have a range report by Saturday!!!
Link Posted: 7/29/2011 4:03:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Picked up some aluma grips and now we're looking sharp!
Link Posted: 7/30/2011 1:31:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Went to the range and love this gun!!!! 60 flawless rounds of winchester white box from Walmart (had to leave so I still have 40 for another day). I did find that I was hitting about 2-3" to the right of where I was aiming and upon inspecting the front sight it was obvious why lol. Guess that will be getting a tap over.

Front sight off center:

Sharp lookng beast:
Link Posted: 7/31/2011 3:00:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Nice gun, I would recommend tapping the rear sight over to adjust windage and leave the front alone. Tap the rear over where you want the point of impact to move to with a brass punch, brass residue will wipe off with a little cold blue and gun oil.
Link Posted: 7/31/2011 3:51:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Not too shabby!
Link Posted: 7/31/2011 4:15:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks guys and thanks for the tip on drifting the rear instead.
Link Posted: 7/31/2011 6:49:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Nice gun, I would recommend tapping the rear sight over to adjust windage and leave the front alone. Tap the rear over where you want the point of impact to move to with a brass punch, brass residue will wipe off with a little cold blue and gun oil.

Why not just drift the front sight over to the center? The position of the front sight is the obvious culprit of why his POI is 2-3 inches off to the right. Leaving it like that would bug the shit out of me.
OP, Brownells has Nylon front sight drifts for $6. They come in a pack of three and they absolutely won't mar or scratch the finish. I don't know why so many manufacturers leave the sights so far out like that. I've had to adjust my Springfields, M&P's and Glocks, all out of the box for looking like the OP's sights.
Link Posted: 7/31/2011 4:02:15 PM EDT
[#14]
I haven't touched it yet because I was going to contact a gunsmith that i trust and see if he would do the front for me because I am too anal, like you, and wouldn't be able to look at the gun with the front sight out of wack. It would make me crazy. I am very OCD about my firearms.
Link Posted: 8/1/2011 1:44:17 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why not just drift the front sight over to the center? The position of the front sight is the obvious culprit of why his POI is 2-3 inches off to the right. Leaving it like that would bug the shit out of me.

+ 20 Leave the rear sight alone, drift the front sight to the middle of the slide and you'll likely be good to go.  Remember, move front sight opposite of movement desired (moving the sight right causes the bullet to move left).

Link Posted: 8/1/2011 5:08:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Thanks for the heads up Steve. I actually ordered that nylon drift kit and it already shipped. I should have it by Thursday and I'm going to center that front sight. As you can see the front sight is very far left and my bullets are hitting right, so if I center that bad boy then I should be right on!
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 4:28:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Another +1 on the Citadel 1911.  I love mine, and only had issues in the first 100 rounds.  Smooth sailing after that, and no feeding issues with Golden Saber, Gold Dot, and Winchester Ranger-T.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top