Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/29/2011 4:59:09 PM EDT
Anyone know anything about this gun?

http://www.auto-ordnance.com/PA-1TH_c.html

I'm interested in it from the looks, but I don't see any reviews for it.

Cheapest price on Google is $635 at GunForAll...

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 6:26:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like a lot of features for that price, checkering, sights, front serations, stainless.

I guess if you could handle one to check fit, you would know more.

Are you thinking about MIM, etc?

Not very helpful I know.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 6:49:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Looks like a lot of features for that price, checkering, sights, front serations, stainless.

Not very helpful I know.

I'm looking for a stainless 1911 under $700 that's decent and not a Taurus.

Right now i'm looking at used S&W 1911's, Ruger SR1911, and now this has caught my eye.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 6:52:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Thompson is now owned by Kahr
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 6:53:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I had a Thompson 1911 10mm. It was a great pistol with no issues...
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 5:48:46 AM EDT
[#5]
I bought a plain-Jane one back in the late 1980's....these were quite popular then...mine was afflicted with a soft frame and I made the dealer refund me. Everybody else I knew that had one loved it.

I went through a spell in the late 1980's/early 1990's where every 1911 I got my hands on had issues...new or used..didn't matter.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 10:26:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Just bought their WW2 copy Army marked parkerized model today..very nice and pretty acurate.Except for being series 80 and having a cut in the barrel hood for a loaded chamber indicator its great.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 11:02:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Bought one in '88,5" in .38 Super.[New] After 250 rnds, the slide started to go forward on the frame.Bbl lugs were bent back some.
Sent it back, they put in a new bbl.,after 50 rnds, it started again.Sold !
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 12:17:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not very helpful I know.

Right now i'm looking at used S&W 1911's, Ruger SR1911, and now this has caught my eye.

I'd skip it.  Heck, for $709 (and that's here in MD) you can get a Springfield Range Officer.  I'd also take a hard look at the Ruger.  Frankly, I'd look at a RIA or American Classic II over the Thompson

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 1:44:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not very helpful I know.

I'd skip it.  Heck, for $709 (and that's here in MD) you can get a Springfield Range Officer.  I'd also take a hard look at the Ruger.  Frankly, I'd look at a RIA or American Classic II over the Thompson

- I thought Thompson (Auto Ordnance) was suppose to be solid now that KAHR owns them?

- The "Range Officer" only comes parkerized I thought?  Shops in my area want to charge $850 for the gun.

- I had bought a RIA tactical in Nickel from Buds, but my order didn't get processed correctly so I cancelled it.  I'm glad, too, because I hate the giant roll-mark on the slide and nickel finishes have more strict up-keep.

- I was looking at the American Classic II Trophy edition, but it's chrome and I want a matte stainless.  It's also ~$610, and for that price, I'd rather have the Ruger.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 2:04:38 PM EDT
[#10]
para GI expert comes in stainless around your price range

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top