Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/21/2011 11:33:05 AM EDT

I hope that it doesn't suck.

Waiting for transfer.
Link Posted: 4/21/2011 12:53:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine has been flawless with 550rd Federal HP HV bulk rounds that I use in all of my 22s and never had a dud yet. I tried some under powered 22lr rounds from Remington and CCI that functioned fine but I think if I used them enough I would eventually get jam. Whats nice is it comes with 3 different front sights at different heights.

Here are some bad photos of mine

Link Posted: 4/21/2011 3:08:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Have a friend that bought one nearly a year ago.  I've fired it a couple of times.  I like it.  He's had no issues that I'm aware of.
Link Posted: 4/21/2011 4:12:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't have one but everything I hear they are good to go.
Link Posted: 4/21/2011 4:34:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I have been really tempted to pick one of these up.
Link Posted: 4/21/2011 4:35:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Just ordered a SS sparrow for mine!
Link Posted: 4/21/2011 5:27:38 PM EDT
[#6]
I wanted one for one reason. To augment my 1911 training and hopefully to bring a couple of new people into the proper gun culture. . Since the bull barrel Buckmark is a suitable substitute to a full size 1911 for training purposes, I was wavering between this or a Browning Buckmark. Then I realized that I can have both. But since the Buckmark is almost always available, I opted to grab this opportunity while it was available. If this pistol is accurate enough, I won't need the Buckmark.

Link Posted: 4/21/2011 7:12:47 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I wanted one for one reason. To augment my 1911 training and hopefully to bring a couple of new people into the proper gun culture. . Since the bull barrel Buckmark is a suitable substitute to a full size 1911 for training purposes, I was wavering between this or a Browning Buckmark. Then I realized that I can have both. But since the Buckmark is almost always available, I opted to grab this opportunity while it was available. If this pistol is accurate enough, I won't need the Buckmark.

At $300 (if that's what you got it for) it will pay itself off at around the 1,000 rounds mark... that's pretty awesome.

Link Posted: 4/21/2011 7:17:51 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

At $300 (if that's what you got it for) it will pay itself off at around the 1,000 rounds mark... that's pretty awesome.

My out of the door price will be around $370 with shipping and transfer fee.

Link Posted: 4/21/2011 7:21:00 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

My out of the door price will be around $370 with shipping and transfer fee.

At 1,200 rounds you will have saved about $360 with Federal 550 bulk vs. Winchester's 100 round box (prices I got from Wal Mart today, I'm sure they vary but it's close enough)

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 3:43:27 AM EDT
[#10]
I picked it up today. Here are my initial findings and impressions.
The recoil spring is very weak. It would not push the slide back into
battery when the slide was fully retracted. When given a little bump,
the slide would go into battery.
While holding the pistol as if to fire, the grip safety will not
release if my thumb is on top of the thumb safety. I have to put my
thumb along the top of the grip panel in order to depress the GS enough
to release.
The magazine is very well built. I suspect that it will endure being dropped to the deck during training sessions.
The magazine does hold the slide open after the last round is fired.
The sights are easy to see. They are a three dot arrangement and there
are two additional front sight posts included as well as an allen wrench
for installing and adjusting the sights.
Once I lubed the slide, it stopped sticking to the rear. I did install
the additional "cache disk" that was included. There was a cache disc
already installed on the recoil spring, so I added the spare in an
attempt to give the spring a little more "umph." It seemed to work.
I fired 3 brands of ammo. Federal, CCI, and Winchester. I don't
remember the specific flavor of each. I was just checking function so I
didn't make any detailed record. I will say that the accuracy was not
stellar. But I suspect that a practiced hand could hit a clay disc at 25
yards with reasonable consistency. I will conduct a more precise test
the next time that I go to the range.
I fired 100 rds of ammo through it with no cycling problems. Each round fed, fired, and ejected perfectly.

Overall the pistol seems well made. At least as well made as a Buck mark.
The stocks are real wood. I have no idea what type of wood, but it
doesn't seem like some cheap pallet material. They look like they would
belong on a typical mid range 1911.
The trigger is stiff. The trigger is adjustable, but I did not have the
time or inclination to work with it. It isn't break you finger stiff.
But it does take conscious effort to keep the sights on target while
applying pressure to the trigger.
It does have an ambidextrous safety. It also has a Colt Series 80
"style" firing pin safety along with a magazine disconnect. The magazine
must be 95% inserted in order for the hammer to release.
The serial number is very shallow. I am surprised that ATF authorized
such a shallow number. It is painted and easy to see, but any attempt to
refinish the frame with any method more aggressive than a Krylon over
coat will destroy the number.

The manual warns against using thinner as a solvent as it will damage the finish on the slide.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 5:01:34 AM EDT
[#11]
FFL?....Where's that one come from?

Just amazes me how many makes and models of 1911 pistols are on the market these days!....Almost as bad as AR rifles. Just mind boggeling.

Some body should compile a list of manufacturers/importers.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 7:19:17 AM EDT
[#12]
thanks for the range report.

gonna keep my eyes open for one,locally.

clown
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 10:24:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
FFL?....Where's that one come from?

Just amazes me how many makes and models of 1911 pistols are on the market these days!....Almost as bad as AR rifles. Just mind boggeling.

Some body should compile a list of manufacturers/importers.

http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=280059
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top