Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2010 7:38:54 PM EDT
I'm dangerously close to buying my first 1911.   I was at my local shop and they had one of these there and It felt great.    So my questions are, what are these worth, and are there better options ?   I plan on carrying this.  I'm pretty set on a 4" - 4.25" gun.  I tend to like the Colts,  But I will admit that I don't know much about 1911's.    I just tend to pull towards the Colts.

As Far as any alternative options, I would like to keep this under $1500.    If you feel there are better options for the money, please explain your self.      Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 8:15:51 PM EDT
[#1]
It's a good gun,make sure you look thru gunsamerica.com,there's one listed for $1099.00.
I have three Colt Lightweight Commanders,they have been problem free.I also have two Kimber Combat Carry(lightweight model)small parts in the kimbers were crap,plunger tubes broke and one safety also broke,so i replaced all MIM parts on my Lightweight Kimbers with Wilson Combat parts,no issues anymore.
I highly recommend the Colt lightweight over any other lightweight brand,except for the Wilson,but then again the Wilson is $3000,so Colt sounds better.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 9:17:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Colt makes excellent pistols, if it is a fair price I wouldn't hesitate.

If you want to look at alternatives under $1500 I'd look at Dan Wesson's VBob's, Bobtails, and CCO's.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 5:01:36 AM EDT
[#3]
I like Colts as well and an XSE LW Commander is my first choice every day. The model you are looking at has no extra functional appeal to me for the extra money but get what you want if you can afford it.

My S&W 1911PD has been flawless and has an even lower price. Remember a carry gun is going to get some use and abuse and may end-up in the local police lock-up at some time.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 7:59:54 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I'm dangerously close to buying my first 1911.   I was at my local shop and they had one of these there and It felt great.    So my questions are, what are these worth, and are there better options ?   I plan on carrying this.  I'm pretty set on a 4" - 4.25" gun.  I tend to like the Colts,  But I will admit that I don't know much about 1911's.    I just tend to pull towards the Colts.

As Far as any alternative options, I would like to keep this under $1500.    If you feel there are better options for the money, please explain your self.      Thanks.

If it has what you want then there are no better options.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top