Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2010 5:46:39 PM EDT
I have a dilemma-

I have a Springfield Loaded (parkerized) model that I have done some work on but am at the point that I'd like a qualified gunsmith to finish the project for me.

The following items are on my "to do" list for the gunsmith-

- Install Dawson Rail
- 20lpi front strap
- Bevel existing magazine well
- Fit new grip safety
- Refinish entire gun (Cerakote v. Armory Kote)

My dilemma stems from the last point- refinishing the gun.  The SA custom shop is solid choice for performing the work desired but I'd like to know whether the Armory Kote is as effective a protective finish as Cerakote.  My other option is to have a well qualified gunsmith perform the work locally and ship the gun to a qualified Cerakote applier for refinishing.  The Cerakote finish would allow for my desired "two tone" color combo but thats entirely secondary if the Armory Kote is as effective.

Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:17:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I know many here love the Amory Kote.  I am not really a fan.  I started CCing a Champion operator about 2 months ago in a crossbreed supertuck and it is already showing considerable wear on both sides.  I don't know about the other coating though, so I really can't say one is better than the other.

If my frame was not aluminum I would just have the whole thing blued once it really starts looking like crap, but since it is I guess I will just go with the IONbond.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top