Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2008 9:53:05 PM EDT
Boy not much action in this forum.

Is there a decent replacement rubberized grip for the Makarov?
Link Posted: 3/2/2008 2:45:42 AM EDT
[#1]
There are 2 that I'm aware of.

The Pearce grip and the more rare Makawrap.

~BrotherMak
Link Posted: 3/2/2008 3:27:32 AM EDT
[#2]
I have the Pearce grips and like feel and fit  of them.

The only thing I don't like is that they add a good deal of width to the grip area, so for ccw it sticks out a little more.
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 11:36:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought a Pearce grip and it didn't work out for me.  The extra width sorta pushed my hand up higher on the grip and ended up getting bit.  I tried all sorts of different holds, but nothing worked out.  I went to the standard mil grip and liked it bettter, though it's more like a 2x4.  

The Pearce unit is a quality one, and if it works for you it's a good way to go.  It just didn't work for me.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 7:00:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a mak that wears the Pearce grips all the time, it is my range mak, the Pearce grips are pretty bulky, but that makes it comfortable to shoot, but a little harder for CCW. I bought the Makawrap grip, but only had them on my Mak for 10mins then took them off. they are thin, and feel ok, but they seem cheap and fragile. I took them off never fired a round with them, and stick to the standard mil grips. I also have the CAI thumb rest grips, but prefer the mil grips for my carry Mak.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:30:39 PM EDT
[#5]
If it's mostly for shooting, rubber grips are great.

If it's mostly for CCW, factory grips are best.  They don't hang up on clothing and are less bulky.

I've got Pierce now, wish I had my factory black ones but they got lost.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top