Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/29/2005 9:50:15 PM EDT
does makorov make an affordable .22 pistol and most important able to shoot wall mart crap ammo all day?
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 11:46:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Makarov is a type of gun and not really a manufacturer. The "Makarov" is a old Russian hand gun chambered in 9x18 and sometimes 380. I don't know of any made in .22.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 11:52:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Makarov pistols are warsaw pact surplus military weapons in 9x18 or (ocasionally) 9mm Kz....

What you are looking for is a Ruger MkII, or similar....

If you have a M1911, Beretta 92, or other common fullsize pistol you can also just get a .22 slide/barrel/mag set for it...
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:17:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanx for the posts guys. someone in another post said to look for a makorav .22. one of my friends has the 9x18 and it shoots great(hell of a muzzle flip though). so I figured if there was a .22 around it would be cool too.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:03:37 PM EDT
[#4]
there is a conversion kit for the makarov 9mm-22lr at makarov.com

i dont own one so cant tell you any details
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top