Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/4/2002 10:00:28 AM EDT
hello i just added to my collection another makarov and norinco 1911A1.    paid $300 for both.   i thought the mak was german because of the purple looking safety, mag release and hammer.  all i can find is a number 10 with 2 circles around it!  was inported by P W arms in Redmond Wa.  ok what brain here can help me with country of origin!
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 12:19:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Go to www.makarov.com and you'll be able to find the information you're looking for.
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 12:22:41 PM EDT
[#2]
http://makarovpistol.com/graphics/markings.jpg

A double circle 10 is a Bulgarian Makarov.  (I have an EG Makarov that I might be willing to part with if you still want one.)  The EG maks are considered some of the best maks ever produced.

Check out makarov.com and the mak forum somewhere on gunboards.com.  Enjoy your bulgie!

websensei
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 12:42:05 PM EDT
[#3]
thanks for the help.  i already have 3 german maks.  2 Simsons.
Link Posted: 9/8/2002 12:12:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Websensei is correct, it is a Bulgarian Mak.  I have one & love it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 6:15:30 AM EDT
[#5]
The purpleish looking parts are definetely Bulgarian. East German Maks are finished in a blue-shimmering black.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top