Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/23/2005 12:35:58 PM EDT
Holy Mackeral.  I went to shoot my new buglies and I was making quarter sized holes at 15 feet.  Kinda sharp snap recoil but not that heavy.  Just amazing.  The Walther P5 that I also brough sucked donkey balls.  I am sending it back. I was getting like 10+ inch groups at 15 feet.  WTF.  
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 2:52:56 PM EDT
[#1]
From what I understand, a lot of people take some of the 'snap" out of the recoil by replacing the recoil spring in their Mak's with a 19, or 21lb Wolff recoil spring, which can be found at Makarov.com, for relatively cheap.

But yeah...the Mak's are accurate as hell for such a "beater" type pistol.
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 12:59:19 PM EDT
[#2]
The 115gr silver bear loads are unpleasant, but any wolf 109gr doesn't have the snappy recoil.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:43:53 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
From what I understand, a lot of people take some of the 'snap" out of the recoil by replacing the recoil spring in their Mak's with a 19, or 21lb Wolff recoil spring, which can be found at Makarov.com, for relatively cheap.

But yeah...the Mak's are accurate as hell for such a "beater" type pistol.

+1 on changing the spring out.  My understanding about the accuracy is that it is in part due to the fixed barrel.  I love my Maks.  I have yet to experience a FTF/FTE.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:37:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Well I shot both my bulgarians and both will shoot quarter sized holes at 15 feet. The crappier looking one is the one with the nicer trigger and more accurate.  I am sending them both off to get chrome plated.  Probably not worth it but I hate crappy looking pistols.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:20:46 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Well I shot both my bulgarians and both will shoot quarter sized holes at 15 feet. The crappier looking one is the one with the nicer trigger and more accurate.  I am sending them both off to get chrome plated.  Probably not worth it but I hate crappy looking pistols.

You must post pics when you get it done.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:30:35 AM EDT
[#6]
I need to put some more rounds through mine. I keep hearing that the trigger on my Bulgy will get better over time, so...

Accurate as hell, but that heavy DA and light SA leads to unintended double taps. I want 'em when I want 'em, dangit!
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:27:22 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Where do you get them chromed and how much? Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 5:26:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Why on God's green earth CHROMED.  Why not dura coat or NP3 or something a bit lower key?
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 5:40:50 PM EDT
[#9]
$$
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:12:45 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
$$

You will actually save some money because the bore is already chromed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top