Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/21/2005 11:02:03 PM EDT
Will 9X18 ammo be around forever? Is there enough demand to keep it alive? I hope so as I love to shoot my Maks!
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 3:11:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, I think so.  There's been so many sold in the USA that there will pretty much always be a market for the ammo.
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 4:37:25 PM EDT
[#2]
China and Russia are both dumping their MAKS so ammo will run out or get kinda scarce. Domestic ammo will be around for sometime but will start to get expensive as the surplus market dries up.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:36:33 AM EDT
[#3]
If the market stays strong, the domestic stuff should stay affordable. Yes, the surplus stuff will dry up eventually, but I doubt it will become prohibitively expensive to shoot your Mak any time soon.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:24:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Brown Bear is not surplus, right? Hopefully Brown Bear and Wolf will keep making it.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 3:08:24 PM EDT
[#5]
And you can always convert it to .380.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 2:34:58 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Brown Bear is not surplus, right? Hopefully Brown Bear and Wolf will keep making it.

You are correct.

The Bear and the Wolf are commercial new production and not surplus.  As long as the US will continue to import from them, we should be good to go!
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:51:56 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You are correct.

The Bear and the Wolf are commercial new production and not surplus.  As long as the US will continue to import from them, we should be good to go!

Any word if they(Liberal Dems) are tring to stop importing this ammo?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top