Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2005 1:20:27 PM EDT
I know 9x18 is becoming more avail. but it's still not carried in Wal-marts and common gun stores. So I was wondering if anyone has done a barrel swap in their Mak. I have though about it but performance is what I care for the most.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 3:23:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't care to. The 9x18 is a more effective cartridge and every bit as cost efficient as 9mm, just buy a case of it and enjoy.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:29:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I do pick up Wolf at the shows by the half case. And the other day I picked up a box of Horady XTP JHP in a box of 25 for my carry load.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:33:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Respectfully, where is the intelligence in going down in calibre, for the same capacity, and a more expensive ammo.  Stay with Com-bloc 9x18
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:30:35 AM EDT
[#4]
LINK
Here is a good page to look at if you decide to replace your barrel.  I have a Federal Arms .380 barrel if you need one.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 4:31:27 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Respectfully, where is the intelligence in going down in calibre, for the same capacity, and a more expensive ammo.  Stay with Com-bloc 9x18

+1

Additionally, the fact that Wal-Mart doesn't sell 9x18 should not deter you.  Honestly,  you should buy in bulk at gun shows, online, or from your local gun shop.  

Personally, I try not to buy ANYTHING from Wal-Mart unless no one else within a reasonable distance has the item I need.  Support your local gun shop!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top