Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2004 6:22:28 AM EDT
Hello one and all . . . .

Took a day off this week for a little R & R and as I slipped out of bed I had a “Mak Attack “ ! ! !    

I could hear my little Maks in the gun safe crying out  “shoot me  ! !  shoot me  ! !”

So . . . .  

loaded up a couple of AR’s and four of my five Maks and headed to the local range.  

I purchased a East German Mak about 10 years ago and let me tell you - - - she is BEAUTIFUL  ! !  Pistol was made in 1964 and appears “new”.  Pistol was converted to 380 ACP and is a joy to behold.  I’ve shot it very little and did not take it out to the range.

But . . . . the others:  

Bulgarian Mak – picked up this little pistol just a few weeks ago.  Overall condition of about 80% or so.  Not the same “quality” as my EG Mak, but still a very nice pistol.  Came with “red” (Chinese ?) grips, holster and an extra clip. Shoots like a dream and at seven yards was “dead on”.  Both double action and single action pull are smooooth  ! !  Ran a mix of Wolf and Silver Bear ball ammo and zero problems in approx 70 rounds.  

Polish P-64  -- a “cousin” to the “true Mak”.  Pistol is in almost 100% condition. Mag release in the heel of the grip, just like the Bulgy Mak. Mag holds only six rounds. Loaded chamber indicator located at the back of the slide.  Double action pull must be around 20 pounds  !   Single action pull is very smooth and light – around three pounds.   Fun to shoot, but this pistol has some SNAP ! !   My 14 year son say it’s one of his favorite small framed handguns.  Ran a mix of Wolf and Silver Bear ball ammo and zero problems in approx 70 rounds.    

Hungarian PA-63 – another “cousin”. Pistol is in 95% condition.  Blued slide and “natural” frame.  Mag release behind the trigger guard and mag holds seven rounds. Typical small frame double action and single action trigger pull – heavy and a little “rough”.  Zero problems in appox rounds of Silver Bear ammo (out of Wolf by this time).

Hungarian R-61 – another “cousin”, and this one is in 380 ACP caliber.  I had one of these several years ago and have often regretted selling it.  So . . . . when I saw one at the local toy show (paper-free) I snatched it up  !   Blued slide and “natural” frame. Mag release behind the trigger guard and mag holds only six rounds.  This little gem is slightly smaller than my Walther PPK/S and a lot lighter.  And again - -  typical small frame double action and single action trigger pull – heavy and a little “rough”.  Ran approx 100 rounds of W-W FMJ, Wolf FMJ and Silver Bear HP ammo through this little pistol with zero problems.  When I get the chance I’ll try to “clean up” the action and install a set of Wolff spring in this pistol.   I think it would make a nice little “summer” back-up gun.  

So . . .  all of my little Maks are fun little guns to shoot.  All ran 100% -- and with steel cased ammo  ! ! --  and all will group under 2 inches at seven yards, off-hand.  And believe it or not, with the Bulgy Mak and the PA-63 I could hit bowling pins at 50 yards  !   And I would not hesitate to carry any of these as a back-up gun with the ammo I was using.

So for all you guys, and girls, that have these GREAT little pistols go and get a case of ammo, go to the range and have some fun  ! ! !

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 9:42:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds good to me...   I love my bulgy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top