Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/28/2002 8:29:24 AM EDT
Come on folks, toss that P-08 in the scanner.....let's see those old pretties!
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 11:25:17 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll show you mine if you show me yours!

j/k... unfortunately I don't have one - yet.  I just couldnt resist trying to sound like a pervert
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 11:48:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 10:11:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Hannah, here's one you got to add to your collection

Dr. Goebbels, personal sidearm, a Walther Model 8. Inscribed with Dr. Goebbels name and also inscribed with the Reichminister of Propaganda insignia showing the NSDAP eagle holding a wreathed swastika. Dr. Goebbels was one of Hitler,s earliest supporters. Later he became Gaulieter of Berlin and Reichminister of Propaganda. Pictured in Rankin,s book "Walther Volume II" page 87. A real piece of history.
GunsAmerica #976089732 (and it's only 250,000.00)

Link Posted: 2/7/2002 10:16:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 8:56:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Wow, Roger, that is way out of my price range, but if it is real, what a museum piece! I can't get the page to come up though. Isn't GunsAmerica the site that told us to "bury all those Nazi guns"? I am genuinely surprised if he is willing to make a buck on a pistol with such dark provenance.
I once saw an ad on a German collector's site that showed an engraved Kriefhoff Luger that alledgedly belonged to Göring that was an amazing bit of workmanship too. It had a few flaws in it's Krieghoff markings though, and I suspect it was a forgery, of which quite a few seem to turn up. The real ones are out there though.
The German factories outdid themselves when it came to trying to impress the bigwigs with presentation guns, and there are some gorgeous bits of steel out there that show up from time to time.
In my Mother's Luger collection, there is an unfired presentation gun that has the monogram "HPC" in intertwined letters over the chamber. Utterly unique.
I have never gotten a solid ID on who this went to, it remains a mystery.
Next time she pulls them out of the vault, I will try to convince her to let me borrow a few for scans.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top