Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2006 7:26:13 PM EDT
OK
I have a Mauser/Luger?
It has the wood grips, wood bumpers on the mag.
I guess it is a .380?  9 mm rounds are too long by a tad to fit into the magazine.

on the bottom of the lower right below the barrel it says 646* Germany with some little squiggle below it.
The matching serial # is on the bottom of the barrel.  Above the trigger on the safety side and next to it on the slide release is the #6* (the last two #'s of the serial #)

Just behing the barrel, above the release lever is a "N" with a crown above it

On the umm top of the gun, the sliding action (I dont know what to properly call it but the part you use to chamber your first round) there is a squiggly design.  I can't think of a better way to describe it.

There is what would appear to be a loop of sorts on the back of the frame.  

It almost looks exactly like the one in the pic in the other thread here except it does not have what appears to be a grip safety? and it says GESICHERT on the top safety positon.  Also it seems to have something on the bottom part of the frame/grip the middle of it kinda sticks out...  Do I need to post a pic or is this pretty obvious what I have?

Are there any other markings I should look for?
Can someone tell me what it is I have, what the value may be?  How I may find out the history of it if any at all?  It looks like everything is orignal and it is in pretty nice condition.

Someplace better to ask these questions?

From the pics I have found it looks most like a "Krieghoff" whatever that may be,
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:37:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Boy, you're all over the place with that description. My guess it's a Luger in .30 Luger cal. a bottle necked round like the Russian 7.62x25.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:50:43 PM EDT
[#2]
.30 Luger would be my guess w/o pics.

Take it to a gun show & show it around, you should get a good answer there, IMO.

My .o2
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 2:10:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Does it look like this?

Or like this?
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 2:26:14 PM EDT
[#4]
It is a commercial 30 Luger from 1922 Suffix K in 7.65 mm

Thanks to the guys at Luger Forums

I was able to pin this all down pretty quickly.

Thanks for everyone elses time and suggestions.

Now to find a good market for it so someone who'd really appreciate this will be able to add it to their collection.

Myself, yeah I know it is a very nice and great piece but I'd rather put that money towards another 1911 or HK of somesort.

It's really in all orignal beautiful condition with all matching #'s

If you want to see pics you can find them here...
They are not the greatest in the world, but I guess thats why I am not making a living taking pics for Playboy haha  (Now that would be heaven!  Getting 100G + for taking pics of beautiful naked women!

Pics of my Luger on Luger Forum
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:58:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Interested in it. How much?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top