Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/11/2021 5:09:01 PM EDT
Is there a place online that lays out all the basics you need to know about the models of C96 commonly available? There’s information out there but it’s spread out all over the place.

My uncle had a “Red 9” when I was a kid and I thought it was the neatest gun in his safe. Since then I’ve come across a few Mausers for sale, but never knew exactly what to look for.

What would be a good price for a shooter 9mm in decent original, or in refinished condition these days?
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 8:51:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I've yet to find the perfect site that gives you all the info, Simpson LTD will give you a history and collectible value of the piece but they charge for it. I do know that even Chinese Bolo pieces
of shit you could have bought for $88 in the 80s are selling above 1k. You can get a down payment for a car selling a POS C96 nowadays.
Link Posted: 11/13/2021 9:07:15 PM EDT
[#2]
You can get an idea of values on Simpson Ltd.  A good red 9 is probably $2k+ and that's without a matching stock. With a matching stock probably $3.5k to $4.5k.  Gunboards forum is probably one of the best places to find info on the various types
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 11:42:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, Simpson was a good call.
I’d used them in the past to get an idea of .22lr PPK prices.
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 2:32:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I guess my son has to be very grateful then because I have this old Mauser and an original stock for him as stocking stuffers this year. The grips are replacements and the barrel is not great but rifling is clearly present.

Link Posted: 11/20/2021 8:30:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Andyd:
I guess my son has to be very grateful then because I have this old Mauser and an original stock for him as stocking stuffers this year. The grips are replacements and the barrel is not great but rifling is clearly present.

https://i.postimg.cc/FzDjzbRb/IMG-8709.jpg
View Quote

You can get the barrel relined if you like
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top