Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/31/2021 5:47:00 PM EDT
The main spring is broken on my Luger and I see kits with all the springs so I figured I would upgrade them all, anyone done this?
Alternatively anyone know a good gunsmith they know nationally with experience doing this?
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 8:31:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Surfgun] [#1]
Did it about 18 years ago.  I recall that the mainspring was a challenge.  I spiraled the spring onto the strut.
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 12:45:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes, I did it in all of my German Lugers.  You can get a complete spring kit from Wolf springs.  As mentioned, the main spring is tricky, but doable.
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 10:29:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Update - I did the complete swap of all the springs in my 1918 DMW Luger 9mm and the results were amazing, I don't know much about Lugers, but the gun shoots awesome. This 100 year old gun has a better trigger than my Glock 19.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 8:49:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, to be fair, almost anything has a better trigger than a Glock.
Link Posted: 9/24/2021 10:28:05 PM EDT
[#5]
I did all of the fire control springs with a wolff set when i picked up my 1918 dwm.

My luger was part of a large collection of some researcher/Dr...

I didn't think the recoil spring was that bad, pita though.

Only thing that got me was that one end of the recoil spring is slightly smaller than the other.

You can install upside-down.

And it will cycle fine, just the action has a gritty heavy feeling.

The recoil spring i removed had one end ground down to be smaller than the other.

So i flipped the new spring around, and it cleaned up that action...

Mine shoots flawless, I'm also using mecgar mags.
Keeping the original safe.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top