Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/3/2020 11:16:27 PM EDT
My aunt who lives in another state was cleaning her attic and found this squirreled away in a box, and sent photos to me (I enlarged them):

It belonged to my late uncle, who died several years ago.  It was loaded with several rounds of .32 ACP, with "R-P" head stamps (Remington-Peters).

She took the pistol to a LGS, where the owner unloaded it for her.  She states the owner offered her around $200 or $300 (she wasn't more specific), but she first wanted to find out more about the value.

My aunt doesn't want to keep it, but would like to know a reasonable price to ask.

I have my own thoughts about the external condition of the gun and how it might affect the value, but I will reserve my comments so I won't influence your evaluations.

Many thanks.

Link Posted: 6/5/2020 10:01:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hans_Landa] [#1]
These were very common pistols in their day.  Ones in good condition sell for around $400-$500.  Very good can go for $1,000+   Considering the condition of this one if a gun store is willing to give her $300 she should take the offer.
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 10:21:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Hans_Landa:
These were very common pistols in their day.  Ones in good condition sell for around $400-$500.  Very good can go for $1,000+   Considering the condition of this one if a gun store is willing to give her $300 she should take the offer.
View Quote

I concur.

I have one in 6.35.
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 9:39:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Decent pistols.  Not terribly rare.  $300 from a shop is a good price.  Even $200 isn’t totally out of line.  There’s a collector market for them but it’s not large.
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 11:51:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Agreed, $300.00 for that condition would be fair.
Link Posted: 8/22/2020 10:08:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Are you sure you don't want to keep it? 2-300 in the grand scheme of things isn't much vs having a family heirloom or at least something that was in your family. If you have other stuff then disregard. I agree with the others sounds like the dealer was fair.
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 6:40:00 PM EDT
[#6]
@gman555

PM sent.

Had one in the family that got away. $200 is way too low.
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 7:09:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Hans_Landa:
View Quote

Yep.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top