Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/4/2002 1:24:02 PM EDT
Hi friends!
Please feel welcome here.
We have no Sacred Cows.
Just a common love for the wonderful Luger.
Also Broomhandles, and P-38s
This site is not run on a whim, or as anyone's personal back yard. There are site rules for decorum, but they are not based on "political correctness" within the Luger Community. The Avilas have built this site, and the main site, as a fantastic support to the firearms community. We have much cameraderie here, a few lively pissing matches from time to time, but assuredly a very wide cross section of quite normal human beings, all of whom share a common love of firearms.
Please draw up a chair, kick off your shoes, and pour yourself a cold one.
I hope you enjoy the place, I sure do.
Also please check out the main side of the site's forums:
www.ar15.com/forums/index.html
Link Posted: 6/4/2002 7:48:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I am here, to post about luger, broomhandle, p 38 stuff when I need to, of course, and thanks for the invite.  
Yeah, I would like to comment about the lugerforums, but since I only frequented the site in the last thirty days, and then not even regular.  Obvoiusly, it went too commercial.  Whoops, I almost forgot that I wasn't going to comment.
Anyway, only have two lugers, one a 1915 DWM, that has some heavy pitting in some areas on the grip, and very sharp rifling, that makes it very acccurate, and then I have a recent import 1937 that was rebuilt with alot of new parts at some eastern european arsenal, but they left the bore not only shot out, but rusted out, and I aint talking minor pitting, but pitting that looks like something ate it away.  As soon as I pay off a few car problems and a few other things, I am going to have Hugh Clark rebarrel it in likely a six inch new barrel, so I can pop stationary clays up to 50 meters, and also increase the stopping power with the increase in velocity(always look to the defensive/offensive capabilities of all my guns).  
I also am a Curio and Relics' FFL licensee, for the last year and a half.  
Link Posted: 6/4/2002 8:09:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Let me be the first to welcome you here, Budbd!
Nice to meet you.
The 1915 sounds nice......most of my Imperial Lugers looked like they had spent the war underwater, in a trench, but I have seen a few good ones.
The rebarreling on the 1937 should definitely improve it immensely. Not sure of the exact numbers, but that extra 2" of barrel will add velocity and accuracy, just as you hope for.
I agree that all guns should be considered as possible SHTF weapons as well as collectibles and bits of history.

Link Posted: 6/5/2002 4:30:58 AM EDT
[#3]

Thanks for setting up this forum.  I've been reading the lugerforum for about 6 months...some real helpful guys...made my first purchase and had Thor restore it...a gift for my son.

Love the P38 also....find myself taking it out to the range more and more.

Looking forward to keeping the conversation flowing.

.........Keith
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 6:16:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Warm welcomes, Keith!
The more places we have to discuss guns, the wider the range of responses and info are available, I think. Thor indeed does exquisite resto work, I am in awe of his skills. Has your son received the pistol yet? I am sure he will love it.
Nice to have you here.
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 6:39:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 1:53:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Hi Hannah!

For your gracious welcome - I’m happy to be here :-)

Warm regards,

Kyrie
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 8:55:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Ah, Kyrie, but the pleasure is ours!
I know how busy you must be, but we would always welcome posts from you here.
You are truly one of the most respected folks in our field.
Great to have you here!

Link Posted: 6/6/2002 7:29:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 7:09:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Hello Hannah I finally got over from the Luger Forum. Appreciate the invite that you extended.

Bob
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 7:24:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Hi Bob!
Well, the place is getting more familiar faces all the time.
Welcome Bob, make your self at home here, thanks for registering.
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 12:24:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Hi Hannah, Just arrived from the old Luger Forum, thanks for the invitation.  The "New" Luger Forum seems to have as good or better following as the old one.  Later ~
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 9:02:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Welcome Mauser,
That's great, I am glad to see the old forum survived.
It is still nice to have a variety of places and people to discuss guns with though, so I do hope you will continue to visit us here as well.
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 7:02:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Howdy Hannah, I appreciate the kind words on my redo Lugers.  Nice to visit other sites as well. Thanks for the warm invite!  Thor340
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 8:22:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Hi Thor!
Nice to see you here!
You are the "state of the art" for Luger restoration that I know of, hopefully we can find you some more folks that need your services here.
Again, warm welcomes, glad to see you.
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 2:59:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Hi.  I'm a Luger newbie (but an old shooter) from the Luger Forum.  I miss their old format so I'm visiting other interesting places.

[#16]
Hi AGE, welcome to the board.
We have many interesting forums on all types of handguns here, and your experience as an old shooter is very welcome.
Glad you could make it!
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 5:29:52 PM EDT
[#17]
well, I hadn't had a chance to visit lugerforum.com for several weeks and when I did get back, I found I had been locked out and it appeared all kinds of nasty stuff had been going on...  Anyway, I appreciate the new place to hang out to learn more about german pistols.
~miner
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 8:41:36 AM EDT
[#18]
Welcome aboard Miner!
We are not restricted to just Lugers here, this Forum will cover all German pistols of the era.
Our other forums here have excellent info on many other handguns and topics as well.
Hope this is a fun and informative place for you, as it certainly has been for me.
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 4:29:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Hello Hannah,  I slid in today with my new password.  What a great site, I can talk about Lugers and single action 45's
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 5:47:45 AM EDT
[#20]
Glad to have you here, Heinz!
Indeed, it seems few of us have but *one* and only one gun maker obsession.
I always loved those old Colts as well.
More "history written in steel".
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 7:01:36 PM EDT
[#21]

P08's, p-38's never herd of em
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 2:16:13 AM EDT
[#22]
hi all,

thanks for that warm welcome hannah.
i found this forum through your post at lugerforum.

im collecting lugers, especially german lugers, since about 10 years.

english is not my native language, so it is not the best. im from germany.

sincerly
klaus
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top