Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2006 12:46:18 PM EDT
I am thinking of getting a 1911.  I am really considering a ParaOrdnance.  I like the LDA trigger.  Is Para a good quality weapon?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 3:10:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Great weapons.  I have the Tac Four Model (stainless with LDA trigger).  It's a tack driver.  50 yard hits on steel plates no problem with cheap Wolf ammo.  The one major drawback of Para-Ordnance are their magazines.  On the pricey side and the mag springs are weak.  Looks like I will be needing to install some Wolff springs in a few of my mags.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 3:34:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Para cuts corners. Some run great, some don't-this per gunsmiths and competitive shooters. I don't own one, but I have had a few malfunction.You pay your money and you take your chances.

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:01:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I dunno about Para cutting corners, never heard that one...

I have had 3 Para's..a P14, P13 and now a P12 that I carry. All have been 100% relaible guns and they never failed me...

My only regret is not keeping the P14 and the P13..
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:12:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Para casts a LOT of things that other manufactures machine. To include the slide, bushing, etc. Sometimes the pin holes are off too.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:03:43 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Para casts a LOT of things that other manufactures machine. To include the slide, bushing, etc. Sometimes the pin holes are off too.

I don't know if that is true or not, but my experince, through thousands of rounds through 3 Para's, has been nothing but 100% positive.

I have never had a Para-Ord fail me nor ever had a pin hole off spec.

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:23:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, I don't know how recent the said "cutting corners" has taken place.  The people I know that have had Para's have enjoyed owning them.  One had the barrel bushing fall apart, I think as he was taking off or installing, the thing twisted off and part of the bushing was left in the slide/on barrel.  But he received a replacment promptly.

I have two and love them.  I don't get a chance to shoot as much as I use to though..... one of them I recently rebarreled to a 38 Super...so I'll be playing w/ that one soon/more.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top