BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2006 2:48:45 PM EDT
A photo is worth a thousand words:

What are my options?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:41:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I think I would drop Para customer service an email.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 5:09:43 AM EDT
[#2]
FMD, drop this guy a message,[email protected]. He seems to be able to help people get their guns fixed right pretty fast. I found him over at 1911.com.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:25:28 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
FMD, drop this guy a message,[email protected]. He seems to be able to help people get their guns fixed right pretty fast. I found him over at 1911.com.

Thanks for the tip!
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:52:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Damn FMD - when I get home tonight I'll look for my photo of my Carry with the EXACT same crack and post it with yours so it doesn't feel all alone...  hat
What year was yours produced?  Looks exactly like mine which was a 2004 model year, or the first year with griptor grooves.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 1:57:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Give Para's customer service a chance.  I had PT NightSights install some sights on my 12-.45 LDA and they machined the dovetail wrong; it was not perpendicular to the bore.  PT had two chances to put it right and did not; I sent the pistol to Para-Ordnance prepared to pay for them to fix it.  Para not only fixed the dovetail, replaced some internal parts and shipped it back to 2nd day at no cost.  Same with a broken grip safety on another pistol, Para repaired and shipped at no cost.  I can’t say enough about how good they treated me.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:38:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Sent it in a week ago, and just got it back (4 day turnaround, minus the time in-transit).

From the paperwork:

Complaint/Work requested:
2-4K rnds / Cracked slide

Received Condition:
1 mags / Handling and usage wear / Cracked slide / Ejector broken / Weak recoil spring

Work Accomplished:
Installed new slide, recoil system, and ejector / Adjusted ejector / Verified lock up / Bench checked for function / Test fired with ball and hp ammo / All functions ok

Broken ejector?  

I didn't realize, but that explains a few issues I was having.  I thought I was limp-wristing.

Kudos to Para's Customer Services Division:  No charges, little down time, and they even fixed some things I didn't know were a problem.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:44:48 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Sent it in a week ago, and just got it back (4 day turnaround, minus the time in-transit).

From the paperwork:

Complaint/Work requested:
2-4K rnds / Cracked slide

Received Condition:
1 mags / Handling and usage wear / Cracked slide / Ejector broken / Weak recoil spring

Work Accomplished:
Installed new slide, recoil system, and ejector / Adjusted ejector / Verified lock up / Bench checked for function / Test fired with ball and hp ammo / All functions ok

Broken ejector?  

I didn't realize, but that explains a few issues I was having.  I thought I was limp-wristing.

Kudos to Para's Customer Services Division:  No charges, little down time, and they even fixed some things I didn't know were a problem.  Thanks!

That weak recoil spring could have been part of some issues too. So I guess it really was the gun and not you
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:50:33 AM EDT
[#8]
good customer service, average quality product.........
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:07:08 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
good customer service, average quality product.........

Given what the C.6 is, I really can't complain.

Even with a broken ejector, the pistol continued to fire, extract, and eject with everything but one-handed use, or with the support hand dragging on the slide.  The crack in the slide would have held up through a couple of more mags of ammo as well (JMO - the actual separation/fracture in the metal was small, the line shown in the photo was more of a "stretch mark").

In either event, while I'm sure I'm not the only person to put a couple of thousand rounds through one of these things, it's a 3", 1911 style, back up gun.  There are realistically going to be issues, and Para seems to handle them well.

Inspector: If the issue were with a similarly sized Kimber, Springfield or Colt, would your reaction be the same?

ETA: I just noticed that the 4 days it was "in shop" included a weekend.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top